From: ali ahad <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [arr] How I got hooked to Rahman's music.... My Story !
To: arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com
Date: Thursday, 28 August, 2008, 8:32 PM

--- On Wed, 27/8/08, ali ahad <mindblower2003@ yahoo.com> wrote:

From: ali ahad <mindblower2003@ yahoo.com>
To: arrahmanfans@ yahoogroups. com
Date: Wednesday, 27 August, 2008, 6:45 PM

Nice ....
Well my story doesn't involve so many locals but...i can bet not less
interesting than yours DINESH

I am a Pakistani... 23 years old
as far as i remember indian music for me was amitabh's song at some point of my
early childhood... until 1991.

then comes SAAJAN, DEEWANA and AASHIQUI... i liked the song...i was a child so
can't have my own cassette player...only whenever we got chance to hang around
with family in car...we listen songs....i got hook to them

then came 1995 or 1996.. i watched HUM SE HAI MUQABLA....i liked the
song...URVASHI, MUQABLA and the song that i didn't remember the wordings but
remember the tune which kept me haunting for many years was PREMIKA NAY PYAR
SE...

I along with my brother keep humming that music...Then came RANGEELA...i liked
all the song ....Than my uncle borught an audio CD of a music director back in
1997

i heard HINDUSTANI tracks than...and MUSTAFA MUSTAFA...my uncle told me that
music director is a muslim...,i am also muslim, so i felt a bond...

came 1998 and DIL SE...that was the time when the name A R RAHMAN registered to
my mind...my father died next year...but i heard DIL SE got award that
year...then came TAAL
...another musical love for me...TAAL got award too...

than a year went quit...and in 2000 came LAGAAN...i was hooked to the movie and
music...i then start recongnizing A R RAHMAN's name..that it means beautiful
music...
it got award then...i figured RAHMAN got two consectyive award and than he
should get consective award this time so the next best music will be from A R
RAHMAN....

The next year i was coming from a marriage ceremony late night with my brother
and mother in a bus...i heard a haunting flute music...i told my brother.."
BELIEVE IT OR NOT IT'S A R RAHMAN's music"..."mano ya na mano yeh A R RAHMAN
hai"

and the song turns out to be SAATHIYA...
and since that day till now...and for ever i am a diehard A R RAHMAN
fan...later i found out many favourite songs of mine were by A R RAHMAN...and
he never dissapoints me...I m doing graduation in media production., .. i have
dreams of revolutionizing pakistani cinema...and i hope and pray that i be able
to get A R RAHMAN for my first movie...this is a dream but i will work hard to
make it a reality...SO EVERY THING HAPPENED IN KARACHI