I realize it's early and that Rahman's music grows:

Pluses:
- Great use of symphonic elements like choir, strings with elaborate
arrangements and sounds.
- Fresh sounding overall.
- A bold effort by Rahman
- Strong mukhada (asthai, chorus) melodies
- Good singing and expressions
- Good lyrics
- Out of the box creativity shows strongly
- Good range and variety
- Zindagi is just amazing
- Great experimentation with novel fusion (Western musical with Indian
classical)
- Effort by Rahman shows a lot of courage and hard work in most songs.

Minuses:
- Some songs with very weak melodies and with overall weak melodies in
Antaras (hard to remember the tune of Dil Ka Rishta and Mastam, low
hummability)
- Shano Shano and its remix to me are a complete waste.  One of the
worst songs ever by Rahman IMO (many will strongly disagree witih me, I
I know).
- Some gimmicky elements with too much of Subhash Ghai influence at
times
- Weak rhythm sections with too much use of light keyboard hip hop
rhtyhsms and less of ethnic percussion.  The punch is missing.
- Lack of any instrumentals
- Different genre of music that is thus far foreign to North Indian
tastes and may be met with resistance in the beginning.
- Large carnatic influence in the music, which is not a bad thing, but
again, which Northies may not be used to.

That's it for now!