On 10/15/2008 3:44 PM India Time, _Mohamed Hashir_ wrote:

> thanks avinash,,
> this translation is really awsome,
> now i am able to understand this song more deeply.this lyrics is awsome..
> some suggessions..
> 'nafs' i think is 'body' in arabic.so it might be the same in urdu as
> well i guess.

nafs (urdu) means soul/ spirit/ essence/ breath.

So, it is much deeper than "body".

 >     Tauba Tauba Nafs Maghroor Hai
 >     Pardon(my Lord),Pardon (my Lord), the self(inner being- this cant be
 >     the exact definition of nafs though) is too proud

The above in a way describes the type of freedom when human being is
physically free but he is not having inner or material resources to do
something. Thus, it is not the body of the humans that is bonded but the
soul, the essence of humans that is under captivity.

> and also in the last line when he says 'dunia ko na kar sajda', it means
> dont bow your head before the world,people in front of you but only to god.
> i am not sure about these any way,,

Think so. It is one of the basic tenets of Islam that a Sajda is to be
done only to Allah.

> expect more regarding these from fellow members
>
> regards
>
> hashir

Thanks.