Tauba Tauba
Album: Vande Mataram
Singer: A R Rahman

Khud Se Jang Larta Hoon
I fight with myself

Rab Se Yeh Kehta Hoon
I say it to my LORD

Charon Or Jo Hota Hai
Whatever is happening in all 4 directions around me

Us Se Main Ghusa Hoon
Makes me angry

Tauba Tauba Nafs Maghroor Hai
Pardon(my Lord),Pardon (my Lord), the self(inner being- this cant be
the exact definition of nafs though) is too proud

Tauba Tauba Sach Se Door Hai
Pardon(my Lord),Pardon(my Lord) It(nafs-the inner self)is away from
the truth

Tauba Tauba Dil Bai Noor Hai
Pardon(my Lord),Pardon(my Lord)Heart is without true light.

Tauba Tauba Kaisa Daur Hai
Pardon(my Lord),Pardon(my Lord)what kind of age(or era)is this

Kab Aaye Ga , Waqat Woh Naya
When will come, the new time

Kab Payaingain
When will we find

Sab Dil Ki Aazadi Ko Kab Aayaygee
To every heart's freedom, when will come

Pyari Pyari Woh Ek Subha
That beautiful morning

Daulat Barti Hai Roz To Ameeron Ki Hi
The wealth of the rich is increasing day by day

Bhook Barti Hai Roz In Ghareebon Ki
But for poor, its their hunger, which increases day by day

Wadon Se Be Zuban,Waqt Milnay Hi Par
Forgetting their promises, they made with their tongues, when the
time arrives

Goongee Ho Jathi Hai, un Rehbaron Ki
That tongue becomes dumb

Chaltay Hain Akar Ke Jo Zameen Pe
Those who walk on earth rediculously(proudly with their chests out)

Bhoolain Ke Jana Hai Ek Din Is Zameen Main
Why do they forget,the one day,they will be resting in the same earth

Dhabba Hain Dhabba,Yeh Jaisay Chaand Pe Dhabba,
They are the stains on earth,like there are stains on moon

Dhoke Ye Dhoka,Daithay Hain Khud Ko Dhoka
They are cheating no one else, but themselves

Socho Sochoa Zara ,Kaafi Hay Ik Shama,
Just think for a while, one candle is enough

Jis Se Jal Jain Gee Yahan Laakhon Shama
to light hundreds of thousands of candles

Sari Dunya Badal Jaya Gee Yaron Per
The whole world will change,but for that

Hay Badalna Zaroori, Bas Aik Ka
One has to change
(this was the first time,the english term ONE for a person was ever
used in URDU/HINDI by using the word AIK in the same sense)

Muskura Ke Dekna Bhi Naiki
Even looking with a smile is a noble deed

Logon Ki Raahon Se Pathar Hatana Naiki
Removing a stone out of people's path is a noble deed

Sajda Tu Sajda, Dunya Ko Na Kar Sajda
Dont you do sajda(bow or touch the ground with forehead,as in
prayers)to the world or material

Sajda Ho Saja,Bus Naami Khuda Ko Sajda
Only do sajda to the name of the Lord(i.e. the Lord)

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, "K. Kumar" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> oh really? wow cool i nvr knew dat coz i dun know hindi. can some1 pls
provide the lyrics in hindi and english pls.....

injustice the rich cause to the poor.

> On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 8:59 PM, Thulasi Ram [EMAIL PROTECTED] com>
wrote:

> social cause song? i never knew that bcuz i never understood the
lyrics expect for the word tauba!