On 10/15/2008 10:31 PM India Time, _Jahanzeb Farooq_ wrote:

> i have similar feelings. something is going wrong with ARR. besides
> this i cannot believe this is same team who brought us Taal.
> and for others who replied, yes we know that ARR's music grows, do you
> guys need to teach this to us??? we are as much fans of ARR as you
> are. in case of Yuvraaj it is a grandeur project, the expectations are
> sky rocketing, we cannot afford something which grows, we need an
> instant classic, something like Taal. did Taal take time to grow?
> never. it was a classic from the first bit of the the first song. did
> Dil se, Bombay, Rangeela, Saathiya etc etc etc took time to grow?? no!
> even relatively less classics Guru, RDB and JA were more effective in
> first hearing.

Rangeela did grow. Those were initial days of ARR (remember, ARR's first
hindi release) and I have not developed full faith on him, and I
remember how much disappointed I was on first day's hearing of Rangeela.
Whatever effects ARR had used, those didn't reach my mind and ears that
were just not trained to look for them. Tanha Tanha sounded so flat,
Haay Rama sounded south Indian-ish, kya karein sounded sadak chhap, in
ho ja rangeela, the kid's voice pinched in the ears at many higher notes
than the rest of soft Asha voice.

I had then recently converted to ARR after hearing Urvashi, and I was
damn disappointed.

But, I didn't give up, and kept on hearing and the beauty of the songs
slowly revealed to me and I started liking it a lot. Surprisingly,
Mangta Hai Kya is my one of all time fav of ARR.

So, Rangeela did grew on me.

--
Rawat