On 10/15/2008 10:31 PM India Time, _Jahanzeb Farooq_ wrote:

> i have similar feelings. something is going wrong with ARR. besides
> this i cannot believe this is same team who brought us Taal.
> and for others who replied, yes we know that ARR's music grows, do you
> guys need to teach this to us??? we are as much fans of ARR as you
> are. in case of Yuvraaj it is a grandeur project, the expectations are
> sky rocketing, we cannot afford something which grows,

an album-that-grows is always a winner in the long run.

> we need an instant classic, something like Taal.

Subhas Ghai had been one of most consistant good music giver in his
films. Most of his films' music had been immensely popular, even when he
had changed MDs almost with every film. The guy had guts to remove
RDBurman from his film.

and with ARR, he did give Taal, the most popular album of ARR. So, I am
still ready to trust the wisdom of Ghai about choice of music.

> did Taal take time to grow?
> never. it was a classic from the first bit of the the first song.

btw, for me, Ishq Bina is still TOO SWEET, Saccharine sweet. My fav from
Taal are Kahin Aag Lage, Taal Se Taal Mila, Ni Main Samajh Gayi and
Nahin Saamne. The remixes I totally disliked. To each his own.

--
Rawat