From: sdavies0 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [arr] Do U find those creative percussions missing nowadays in
Sir's arrangement?
To: arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com
Date: Saturday, 8 November, 2008, 6:43 AM

            I agree. The use of cheap mechanical beats instead of the music of

Sivamani or another human percussionist makes what could be excellent

music sound closer to the cheap and tawdry stuff that his rivals

produce. "Tu Meri Dost Hain" could have been an excellent piece but

it isn't. It reminds me of the horrors that people produce when they

add cheap beatbox beats and say they are producing a remix of a

Rahman original. Here Rahman has released what sounds like a cheap

remix, but it is his original piece. I hope he never does that again

and I hope someone can electronically cut out the dreadful beatbox

repetition and let us hear what the original should have sounded like.

If he is turning out half-finished work with cheap beatbox effects

because of what you call the pressure of deadlines and the immense

work load or the absence of assistance, then he should hire more

assistants or take on fewer assignments rather than compromise the

quality of his music.

Stevan Davies

> Agreed.  Found Yuvraaj's rhythm tracks to be the weakest link in the

> album.  He is also using synth tabla sounds, which is fine by me,

but

> again underscores the diminished use of ethnic percussion in recent

> works, with exceptions like Khwaja and Azeem from JA.

> It could be a deliberate attempt by ARR to move away from rhythm

based

> songs to more melody oriented numbers, which I feel has been the

> strongest trend by ARR recently.  His songs this year have been

> extremely melodious, the most meloodious music out of anyone in

India,

> and for that, I am extremely happy.  His melodies and mid range

> arrangements are just mindblowing, even at the sacrifice of his

rhythm

> tracks, which is just relative to his own previous work.

                        Recent Activity

       48
      New Members

                Visit Your Group

                      New web site?
Drive traffic now.
Get your business
on Yahoo! search.

                      Yahoo! Groups
Dog Zone
Connect w/others
who love dogs.

                      Health Groups
for people over 40
Join people who are
staying in shape.

          .

      Connect with friends all over the world. Get Yahoo! India Messenger at
http://in.messenger.yahoo.com/?wm=n/