Thank God !!!

" The search is more important than the destination "  - a r rahman -

--- On Wed, 19/11/08, Gopal Srinivasan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
From: Gopal Srinivasan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [arr] Rahman proposes, Himesh disposes
To: arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com
Date: Wednesday, 19 November, 2008, 7:09 AM

Rahman proposes, Himesh disposes

A R Rahman wants Himesh Reshammiya to sing his composition; but Himesh has
other plans

By Ashwini Deshmukh

Posted On Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Himesh Reshammiya

Himesh Reshammiya had once said that if he had to sing for any music director
other than

himself, it would have to be for A R Rahman. Now, Rahman has come up with a
composition, which

he thinks is apt for Himesh to sing.

Rahman said, “Yes, I have come up with a composition that Himesh can do justice
to. It is an

important song for a big actor, in a huge project and for a big banner. But
since the shooting

of this song will happen only next year, it will be wrong on my part to
disclose too many

details about it at this time.”

• I don’t sing for any outside  banner (where I don’t act). I would instead
request Rahman

saab to give  music for one of my films where I am the actor and singer  –
Himesh Reshammiya

So what made Rahman choose Himesh for the song? Rahman said, “Himesh’s voice
and the attitude

with which Himesh sings is just apt for this composition. I haven’t spoken to
Himesh as yet but

I will be talking to him very soon.”

When we told Himesh about Rahman’s plans, he said, “I am a great fan of AR
Rahman and his

music. It’s a great honour for me to sing his composition, but as a policy
decision, I only

sing for myself onscreen. I don’t sing for any outside banner (where I don’t
act).

A R Rahman

I would instead request Rahman saab to give music for one of my films where I
am the actor and

singer. In fact, if he agrees, it will be a dream come true. In my forthcoming
films Kajra Re,

Mudh Mudh Ke Na Dekh Mudh Mudh Ke, A New Love Ishstory, and an untitled film
for Studio 18, at

least one composition in each album is dedicated to Rahman saab. I just love
his music

http://www.mumbaimi rror.com/ index.aspx? page=article& sectid=30& contentid=
2008111920081119 02151360799f42c5 0&sectxslt= section

      Be the first one to try the new Messenger 9 Beta! Go to
http://in.messenger.yahoo.com/win/