Hey man,
U r right, its kind of foolish to ask comments on something whose
range is not known to others. No two people share or experience same
world of music.

Regarding 5 ARR songs, well the list was compiled from a fans point
of view. Regarding no other Indian songs, well whenever I wanted to
add one, I compared them to ARR's songs and ARR music was heavy on
them. Burmans (Both SD and RD) were great but not authentic. It was
hard to neglect Khayyam, Naushad, Madan mohan, Salil chaudhary,
Khemchand prakash, Illayarja, O P Nayyar(Authenticity questionable),
Sajjad hussain, Hemant kumar etc. But in the end I felt ARR was still
ahead of their music (Highly personal opinion though).

On the world front, it was hard to neglect The beatles, Led Zepplin,
Black Sabbath, Pink floyd, Jimi hendrix, Aerosmith, Bob Marly, Bruce
springsteen, Eagles, Deep Purple, Outkast, Queen, Ray charles etc.
But the songs that i chose had so unique instrumentation, singing
style, lyrics and sense of music that i had no option but to choose
them. (Again highly personal choice)

I know its silly to compile such lists, and they can never be right
or universal. But its fun creating them and then sharing with others.

Pravinder.

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, "arr_raghu" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>