My dear friend, i think  this is a false news bcoz i  have seen that progrrame
in Kairali t v and in that he  sang only the tere bina song from guru.
--- On Fri, 12/5/08, Vithur <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
From: Vithur <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [ARR] First song composed by ARR
To: arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com
Date: Friday, December 5, 2008, 10:05 AM

Kalimuthu,

Do you mean the Computerised Theme Music ???. Was it done by ARR ?. I think he
did the programming alone, and the tune is IRs.

On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 7:19 AM, Kalimuthu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

btw, Does anyone have 'Punnagai Mannan' theme (not the offical one), which was
said to be composed by ARR...

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 9:14 AM, Mohamed Hashir <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I dont know wheather it was shared here before..

read on..

Its not from Roja or Yodha .....

the song "Vellithen kinnam pol" from "Penpada" directed by Crossbelt Mani

Story behind the song :

On April 2006, on a music program in "Amrutha TV", Baranikkavu Shivakumar was
the guest. He is the one who written the songs for the film "Penpada"(1975). He
started to sing "vellithen kinnam pol" and declared its ARR's tune.

When he was working for that film, the music director was R.K.Shekhar(ARR's
father). Totally 4 song to compose. He composed 3 song and take a break. That
time six year old ARR came and play some music bits in Harmonium. All are
surprised and ask him to do the full song. Everyone like it and decided to use
it as the movie's soundtrack. Its titled "Vellithen Kinnam Pol" and sung by
Jayachandran. Whole orchestra is done by his father RK Shekar but the basic
tune is Rahman's.

When ARR came to trivandrum (Kerala) for Kairali-Swaralaya award, KJ.Yesudas
confirmed this story and sang this song on stage

--
Sent from my very old 386 machine.

--
regards,