Hi Friends i've seen that episode in which Late 'Baranikkavu
Shivakumar' said this, but we can't say Rahman composed it, His father
Late R K Shekar was inspired by the tune Little Rahman lazily played
on the keyboard (remmember Rahman was just six year old).

The composer is Rahmans Father R K Shekar itself.

Its a fact that in Kerala R K Shekar and his compositions got more
recognition only after Rahman became popular.

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, Sreekrishnan R <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> HERE IT IS , DEAR FRIENDS.. ENJOY !! :-)
>
> http://www.4shared.com/file/74566354/2dca1ab5/Vellithen_kinnampol.html
>

> Krish.

Mani

> Story behind the song :
>
> On April 2006, on a music program in "Amrutha TV", Baranikkavu
Shivakumar was the guest. He is the one who written the songs for the
film "Penpada"(1975). He started to sing "vellithen kinnam pol" and
declared its ARR's tune.

> When he was working for that film, the music director was
R.K.Shekhar( ARR's father). Totally 4 song to compose. He composed 3
song and take a break. That time six year old ARR came and play some
music bits in Harmonium. All are surprised and ask him to do the full
song. Everyone like it and decided to use it as the movie's
soundtrack. Its titled "Vellithen Kinnam Pol" and sung by
Jayachandran. Whole orchestra is done by his father RK Shekar but the
basic tune is Rahman's.

> When ARR came to trivandrum (Kerala) for Kairali-Swaralaya award,
KJ.Yesudas confirmed this story and sang this song on stage