Rhythm Divine

He sang his way into our hearts with the energetic number Chaiyya Chaiyya.
Sukhwinder Singh has never looked back since, giving hit numbers such as Dil
Haara Re, Chak De India, Dard-E-Disco, Omkara and Beedi Jalai Le amongst many
more. And, he is scaling new heights now — he has sung a piece for a film by
none other than Steven Spielberg.

In his characteristic manner, he tells us, “The people from Steven Spielberg’s
team called and asked me to work on a song for the film. It is a traditional
folk song that talks about celebration. It is a typically Gujarati Kutch song.”
He is also busy with a number of projects on his platter. “I’ve sung a song for
Slumdog Millionaire called Jai Ho. Written by Gulzarji and composed by A R
Rahman, this is one of the best numbers I’ve ever done. It is a song that I can
smile and simply enjoy whenever I hear it.” Incidentally, Rahman has been
nominated for a Golden Globe for the film. What about Sukhwinder’s other
projects? “I have sung the song Haule Haule in the just-released Shah Rukh Khan
film. Apart from this, I’m also singing for Billo Barber,” he replies.

Lately, he has been busy playing judge on a hit talent hunt show. But, he feels
he can never actually judge a person. “No one can be judged. Music is made for
the divine. I have heard these kids, and they are all equally talented. I’ve
tried to do my part by discussing the reality of their future in music. I have
only completed 20 per cent of my work as a judge. I still have 80 per cent left
to go,” he explains. He is in two minds about the reality shows though. “The
motive of these shows is not bad. But, they need to work on their presentation
— how they present the contestants and judges,” he opines.

 Known
for his vast amount of work with ace composer Rahman, Sukhwinder talks about how
the maestro merges Indian with the Western in his songs. “He is a genius.
He is the first person to create a bridge between Eastern and Western music. He
is a very innocent and down-to-earth person. The man literally eats, breathes
and lives music. That is all that is there on his mind. He also loves
poetry.”

 Well, the same can be said of Sukhwinder too!

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/India_Buzz/Rhythm_divine/articleshow/3850895.cms

Krish.

http://messenger.yahoo.com/invite/