He sang his way into our hearts with the energetic number Chaiyya Chaiyya.
Sukhwinder Singh has never looked back since, giving hit numbers such
as   <javascript:openslideshownew('/slideshow/3850918.cms?imw=460','541')>
<javascript:openslideshownew('/slideshow/3850918.cms?imw=460','541')>
Sukhwinder Singh (TOI Photo) More
Pics<http://photogallery.indiatimes.com/articleshow/2614273.cms>
Dil Haara Re, Chak De India,
Dard-E-Disco<http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/India_Buzz/Rhythm_divine/articleshow/3850895.cms#>,
Omkara and Beedi Jalai Le amongst many more. And, he is scaling new heights
now — he has sung a piece for a film by none other than Steven Spielberg.

In his characteristic manner, he tells us, "The people from Steven
Spielberg's team called and asked me to work on a
song<http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/India_Buzz/Rhythm_divine/articleshow/3850895.cms#>for
the film. It is a traditional folk song that talks about celebration.
It
is a typically Gujarati Kutch song." He is also busy with a number of
projects on his platter. "I've sung a song for Slumdog Millionaire called
Jai Ho. Written by Gulzarji and composed by A R Rahman, this is one of the
best numbers I've ever done. It is a song that I can smile and simply enjoy
whenever I hear it." Incidentally, Rahman has been nominated for a Golden
Globe for the film. What about Sukhwinder's other projects? "I have sung the
song Haule Haule in the just-released Shah Rukh Khan film. Apart from this,
I'm also singing for Billo Barber," he replies.

Lately, he has been busy playing judge on a hit talent hunt show. But, he
feels he can never actually judge a person. "No one can be judged.
Music<http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/India_Buzz/Rhythm_divine/articleshow/3850895.cms#>is
made for the divine. I have heard these kids, and they are all equally
talented. I've tried to do my part by discussing the reality of their future
in music. I have only completed 20 per cent of my work as a judge. I still
have 80 per cent left to go," he explains. He is in two minds about the reality
shows<http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/India_Buzz/Rhythm_divine/articleshow/3850895.cms#>though.
"The motive of these shows is not bad. But, they need to work on
their presentation — how they present the contestants and judges," he
opines.

Known for his vast amount of work with ace composer Rahman, Sukhwinder talks
about how the maestro merges Indian with the Western in his songs. "He is a
genius. He is the first person to create a bridge between Eastern and
Western music. He is a very innocent and down-to-earth person. The man
literally eats, breathes and lives music. That is all that is there on his
mind. He also loves poetry."

Well, the same can be said of Sukhwinder too!

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/India_Buzz/Rhythm_divine/articleshow/3850895.cms
--
regards,
Vithur