stevie wonder  (american ) and Andrea Bocelli (italian)

--- On Wed, 12/31/08, murali ramakrishnan <dippytheja...@hotmail.com> wrote:

From: murali ramakrishnan <dippytheja...@hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: [arr] ARR 's Interview to Visually Impaired Children - NEW YEAR
SPECIAL
To: "arrahmanfans" <arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Wednesday, December 31, 2008, 4:31 PM

both the persons are foreigners. if i am correct the name are 1) andrew
2)Michael

Murali

To: arrahmanfans@ yahoogroups. com
From: vith...@gmail. com
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2009 09:28:25 +0530
Subject: [arr] ARR 's Interview to Visually Impaired Children - NEW YEAR SPECIAL

ARR 's Interview to Visually Impaired Children - NEW YEAR SPECIAL

Q :-  Sound is our World. What is your opinion about Sound ?

AR :- There are a lot of matters relating to sound ( for sure ) . More than
sight, the feeling to realize, there is something in the heart ( which is
termed as EYE of the Heart) , something spiritual lies within. I believe in it
very much. There is an eye in the mind which is very important. There is a lot
of things in Music, the language, God ( How to say that… he smiles)

Q :-  Which was the first and foremost lyrics for which you composed music ?

AR – I think it was for a Commercial by name " Colour Lab". Apart from that,
after constructing the studio, it was " Deen Isai Maalai", an album, which had
songs like Allah Oh Akbar, Ellam Un Arul Vallamo. For Cinema films, it would be
Chinna Chinna Aasai.

Q :- Pls tell something about what is Music Therapy ?

AR :-  Actually, I don't know much about Music Therapy. There are some melody
songs, and some ragas which calm down our restleness and confusion. But there
are some songs which make us angry… So, it could be the song that we like, a
prayer at times, even an instrument. Sometimes, even a Tambura appears to be a
therapy. At times, the flute also.

Q :- Which is the sound which you like the most ?

AR :- I like the sound of the Rain. Sometimes, when we are in a forest, the
sound of the birds. Sometimes the Tambura sound. So, there is nothing in
particular. It depends on the state of the mind at that moment.

Q :- What is the difference between Indian Classical ( Folk ) music,
International Folk Music, Ancient Folk Music ?

AR :- There will be heart in Folk Music, and not intelligence. That's why,
whatever folk songs we compose, we tend to get attracted towards it. The Hero's
voice becomes very sophisticated, when we add a lot of voices to the song. The
core of melody, the soul and the thought is the same thing. Tamil Nadu Folk,
Andhra Folk, Gujrati Folk, Spanish Folk or Turkish Folk. Spanish Folk has a
magic which is very easy and connects to us very soon.

Q :- What was the feeling that you got , when you composed music for Films like
" KIzhakku Cheemayile" ?

AR :- When we start hearing folk songs, it automatically comes into our system.
When I did Roja and completed it, many had the opinion that I didn't know folk
style and have landed from abroad. So, when I sat with Bharathiraaja Sir and
Vairamuthu Sir, I tried my best to do that movie with difference.

Q :- what do you feel about the Periodic Movies composed by you ?

AR :-  I had composed music for film like Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose, Jodha
Akbar, The Legend of Bhagat Singh. Elizabeth Golden Age. Its more of orchestral
music. It would be suiting the style of music which will suit that era. We have
to guess it that way and compose music.

Q :- Which is the musical instrument which you get involved a lot and play ?

AR :- The Instrument which I mainly play is the Keyboard, Piano. Apart from
that, there is a new Instrument called the Continuum. It would not have the
keys of the Keyboard, but just the front part. We can play the Hindustani
Gamakam, the Carnatic gamakam using the same. Recently, I had bought another
instrument called the Arabian Oudh.

Q :- Which generation of music is your favourite one ?

AR :- Actually, I keep my mind very open. A music which would suit for anytime.
If you take the sixties, we have  the music composed by K.V. Mahadevan, in
North, we have S.D.Burman, R.D. Burman. There are a lot of Keerthanas, and in
Western world, there have been a lot of Great composers. There have been a lot
of things recently happening, which we are not observing properly. We see a lot
of talents happening in youtube. Someone plays a guitar sitting at home, and
that is also good. So, keeping the mind open is my philosophy. Its very
difficult to judge which is good or not.

Q :- What is the speciality about Indian Music ?

AR :- Music can be termed as a reflection of Indian Culture. India 's culture
goes back to 1000 years. So, the roots are in Hindustani, Classical, Carnatic
Music ( According to me )

Q :- Can you talk about Bharathidaasan, Bharathiyar ?

AR :- Sometimes, when we are pushed to a corner or undergo a tortoruous
situation, the best in us come out. Similarly, the Russian symphonies etc.
Bharatiyar and Bharathidaasan underwent such a trauma,  and were subjected to
such hardships. So , most of the people who get tortured will have opposite
creativity. I am very proud of both of them.

Q :- When are you going to release the music of ROBOT?. We are very eager to
listen to the same. ?

AR :- Once its finished, it will be released ( he smiles ) . We have completed
two songs, and they have shooted the same. There would be another 3 or 4 songs
( I think so). There are a lot of Visual Effects in the movie. May be it will
get released next year. When it gets released, I would send a CD to all of you.

Q :- Sir. Whats your Inspiration ?

AR :- My inspiration is Nature. The Team which works with me inclding the
Director, The Lyricist, the Producer, Hero. All movies have this, but there are
some teams, which give extra inspiration.

Q :- What thought comes to you, when you are in Silence ?

AR :- At different phases of my life, there have been different thoughts to me.
Initially, I liked it very much, and after some time, it started boring. At
times, I miss my family. Whenever I go abroad, I like the Silence and feel its
creative.

Q :- There is Music latent in one 's sorrow and happiness. Can you brief about
that ?

AR :- Roja came in 1991. If you go and see the blogs, you can read what people
have felt about music , when they were a small boy, when they grew up and were
in love  , and how it changed over times. They would have written about the
song they would have heard when they loved, when they grew up etc. the song
which was a lullaby and sung to make me sleep. Music is such a thing, that
after we create it and leaves us, it no longer belongs to us. It belongs to the
people, and is a property of the listeners. So, when anyone asks as to what
song I like the most, I usually don't reply and leave it like that. Many a
times, people start fighting as to how we can tell this, tell that etc.

AR asks about the music they all like. Everyone tells

Ulaganthan – Gana Music
SPB

AR tells there are two singers whom he likes the most, and both are blind.
There is no one in the world to beat them. He tells two name ( Sorry couldn't
get their names clearly,,, ) Their talent is extra ordinary. So, there is
nothing that can impair us. We have energy within us and can be used for all
constructive purposes.

( a boy sings Ella Pughazum )

There will be 2 rooms in the recording studio. There will be a glass in
between. There will be another room, where there will be a mixer. External
sound will not be heard. There will be an AC for Climate Control. I spend more
time in the Recording Studio than outside.

Previously, it used to be very big. We used to record everything in one track
before. All the Instruments, and all voices, but now its changed. Everything
can be mixed later.

( He signs off by gifting them a CDs autographed by him, and with a special
gift to all children )

--
regards,
Vithur

Make sure your wardrobe reflects the latest trends and styles in the world of
fashion. Try it!