I was guessing that one of them would be Andrea Bocelli, as I didn't
watch this programme. Last year in an interview, AR said he was
listening to Bocelli.
I immediately grabbed a DVD "Under the Desert Sky" and just fell in
love with his voice. If you haven't heard his songs, please give it a
try. You will Love them!

Madhavan.R
Be a Music Fan; not a Music Pirate!

On 1/2/09, Pradeepan R <pradeepanisonl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Stevie Wonder & Andrew Bocelli..AR is a big fan of Stevie !!
>
> On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 11:31 PM, murali ramakrishnan <
> dippytheja...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>    both the persons are foreigners. if i am correct the name are 1) andrew
>> 2)Michael
>>

>> Murali
>>

>> ------------------------------
>>
>> To: arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com
>> From: vith...@gmail.com
>> Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2009 09:28:25 +0530
>> Subject: [arr] ARR 's Interview to Visually Impaired Children - NEW YEAR
>> SPECIAL
>>

>>   ARR 's Interview to Visually Impaired Children - NEW YEAR SPECIAL
>>

>> Q :-  Sound is our World. What is your opinion about Sound ?
>>

>> AR :- There are a lot of matters relating to sound ( for sure ) . More
>> than
>> sight, the feeling to realize, there is something in the heart ( which is
>> termed as EYE of the Heart) , something spiritual lies within. I believe
>> in
>> it very much. There is an eye in the mind which is very important. There
>> is
>> a lot of things in Music, the language, God ( How to say that… he smiles)
>>

>> Q :-  Which was the first and foremost lyrics for which you composed music
>> ?
>>

>> AR – I think it was for a Commercial by name " Colour Lab". Apart from
>> that, after constructing the studio, it was " Deen Isai Maalai", an album,
>> which had songs like Allah Oh Akbar, Ellam Un Arul Vallamo. For Cinema
>> films, it would be Chinna Chinna Aasai.
>>

>> Q :- Pls tell something about what is Music Therapy ?
>>

>> AR :-  Actually, I don't know much about Music Therapy. There are some
>> melody songs, and some ragas which calm down our restleness and confusion.
>> But there are some songs which make us angry… So, it could be the song
>> that
>> we like, a prayer at times, even an instrument. Sometimes, even a Tambura
>> appears to be a therapy. At times, the flute also.
>>

>> Q :- Which is the sound which you like the most ?
>>

>> AR :- I like the sound of the Rain. Sometimes, when we are in a forest,
>> the
>> sound of the birds. Sometimes the Tambura sound. So, there is nothing in
>> particular. It depends on the state of the mind at that moment.
>>

>> Q :- What is the difference between Indian Classical ( Folk ) music,
>> International Folk Music, Ancient Folk Music ?
>>

>> AR :- There will be heart in Folk Music, and not intelligence. That's why,
>> whatever folk songs we compose, we tend to get attracted towards it. The
>> Hero's voice becomes very sophisticated, when we add a lot of voices to
>> the
>> song. The core of melody, the soul and the thought is the same thing.
>> Tamil
>> Nadu Folk, Andhra Folk, Gujrati Folk, Spanish Folk or Turkish Folk.
>> Spanish
>> Folk has a magic which is very easy and connects to us very soon.

> [...]

Are you searching for a reason, to be kind?
<b>

Admin: ad...@arrahmanfans.com

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional