I guess there's one more to the Sindhu Bhairavi song to the list...one
of my favourites...

Rang De Basanti from The Legend of Bhagat Singh

Its one of the most amazing compositions by ARR sir......

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, just an another girl
<justananotherg...@...> wrote:

> Thanks for the exhaustive list ... i have lot of song hunting to do
this
> weekend along with Rasam Sadam :)
>

> On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 6:05 AM, Aakarsh <aakarsh...@...> wrote:
>
> >   Hi!
> >
> > Ok, I know it will look disbelievable but I knew that he likes
Sindhu
> > Bhairavi, because i have seen him use that Raaga often.
> >
> > So, let me try to recollect. I might be missing few...but then let
me try:

> > 1. Spirit of Rangeela - Shades of it.
> > 2. Engae Enadhu Kavithai - Kandukondein
> > 3. Rang Hai - Meenaxi
> > 4. Desert Storm - Warriors of Heaven & Earth
> > 5. Sabaq Aisa - Tehzeeb
> > 6. Jiya Jale - Dil Se (particularly the last aalaap)
> > 7. Kulirithu Kulirithu - Taj Mahal
> > 8. Marghazhi Thingal - Sangamam (His best Sindhu Bhairavi Ever,
Period)
> > 9. ManMohana - Jodha Akbar
> > 10. Silent Invocation - B or C (dont remember, heard it once -
Connections

<justananotherg...@...>*wrote:

> > From: just an another girl <justananotherg...@...>
> > Subject: Re: [arr] "I follow the Sufi philosophy of destroying
your own
> > ego" : ARR
> > To: arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com
> > Date: Friday, January 16, 2009, 1:53 PM
> >

> > Q: A few of your favourite things?
> >
> > A: *Sindhu Bhairavi(Carnatic raga)*, home food even if its *rasam
sadam*',
> > Regent's Park in London and all the music stores in USA.
> >

> > I googled Rasam Sadam and realize it is an south indian dish and
gonna hunt
> > Indian restaurants this weekend to taste it :)))
> >
> > Sorry about the presonal trivia .. on to my main question ,  Can
you guys
> > help me identify songs of ARR based on *Sindhu Bhairavi *Ragaa ?
> >
> > Elementary search on Youtube yielded Sudhas rendition (
http://www.youtube.
> > com/watch? v=Z-T39eNTf9g <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-
T39eNTf9g>) , i

cU<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKM1YJcO_cU>
> >    - http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=1OBE-
B3tqB8&feature=related<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OBE-
B3tqB8&feature=related>( Prasanna on Guitar )

com<vith...@...>
> > > wrote:
> >
> >>     Rahman speaks on Slumdog, Sufism and Sindhu Bhairavi
> >> 16 Jan 2009, 0020 hrs IST
> >>      Print<http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/msid-
3986032,prtpage-1.cms>
> >>    Email   Discuss  Share  Save
Comment<http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Chennai/Rahman_speaks_on_Sl
umdog_Sufism_and_Sindhu_Bhairavi/articleshow/3986032.cms#write>
> >> Text:
> >>    CHENNAI: It is night, and unlike the late hours on
Wednesday,Rahman's
> >> house is quiet. His younger children Rahima and Ameen spray snow
foam on
> >> each  other when Rahman's mother comes down and tells the waiting
media
> >> that Rahman has just finished dinner. "He hardly slept last night
and he
> >> will be down shortly." Rahman talks to TOI
> >>
> >> Q: How different was Slumdog Millionaire' (SD) from other foreign
> >> productions ?
> >>
> >> A: There was much less work. I did not have to give 190 cues, and
director
> >> Boyle gave specific instructions on what he wanted. I had a clear
idea on
> >> what should go into the music. Putting the sitar in was a
complete surprise.

> >> Q: What has the international response been like?
> >>
> >> A: The film was like a holiday to Mumbai for viewers and they
could
> >> connect with the hero because USA is also going through
recession. It was
> >> also a relief from the usual kind of film scores.
> >>
> >> Q:People say you are humble. Who instilled that in you?
> >>
> >> A: I follow the Sufi philosophy of destroying your own ego. Not
that I
> >> have mastered it, I still land up in situations I could have
avoided.

> >> Q: What do you look for in vocalists and instrumentalists?
> >>
> >> A: Great personality. Should be a quick learner, and have a feel
for the
> >> music. Should have a quality of his own, not copy or imitate.
> >>
> >> Q: How do you make time for the ordinary things in life?
> >>
> >> A: I do that all the time, because the ordinary things divert
you. I took
> >> the children to my flat in London while scoring for SD and it was
half-work,
> >> half-holiday. It was great fun.
> >>
> >> Q: The defining moment in your career?
> >>
> >> A: The National Award for my first film. I thought it comes only
when
> >> people retire.
> >>
> >> Q: A few of your favourite things?
> >>
> >> A: Sindhu Bhairavi(Carnatic raga), home food even if its rasam
sadam',
> >> Regent's Park in London and all the music stores in USA.
> >>
> >> Q: What went through your mind when you walked down the carpet to
the
> >> Golden Globe?
> >>
> >> A: Each little moment was the best. My wife Saira had helped me
pick an
> >> Armani suit in Thailand, and I was wearing it because it is
Hollywood. And
3986032.cms<http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Chennai/Rahman_speaks_o
n_Slumdog_Sufism_and_Sindhu_Bhairavi/articleshow/3986032.cms>

> >> --
> >> regards,
> >> Vithur

  • ... Vithur
    • ... just an another girl
      • ... Vithur
        • ... ramakrisha laxmana subramanian siva gopala acharya iyer .aiyooo amma idli wada dosa sambar chatni .
        • ... S, Karthik
        • ... Nagaraj
      • ... S, Karthik
      • ... Aakarsh