Delhi 6 has managed a media attention even before the official
promotion of the movie commences. It is first movie for Rakyesh Om
Prakash Mehra after much acclaimed RDB and first release for Sonam
Kapoor after her luke warm debut in Saawariya. But the high point of
the movie also lies in the unconventional music created by AR Rehman.
All the tracks in the movie stand apart from each other like
individuals in their own self. We have flavor of rap, world music,
sufi, classical indian to bhakti. Never have I heard a compilation
that is so diverse yet wrapped together in one story.

bollywood_stars_at_v_shantaram_awards.jpgThe title track of Delhi 6 is
hip and the lyrics are apt for any delhite to relate to it. Masakali
has its own fun and vivacity. Then we have the sufi and ibadat form of
music in Arizian, there is a trance in this compilation. Then we have
two tracks "Dil Gira Daftan" and "Rehna Tu" that define the romance
between the leading couple. The contrast to the above league of music
comes in form of folk touch of song Genda phool. Then there is pure
classical song Bhor Bhaiye and bhakti note of Aarti.

This entire album is going to a strong contender for best music of 2009.

http://whatiexpect.in/bollywood/delhi-6-gloden-globe-winner-a-r-rehman-best-work-till-date-dilli-6-music-review.html