Slumdog Millionaire in Tamil!

By Moviebuzz  | Wednesday, 21 January , 2009, 11:09

  The most talked about film of the decade Danny Boyle's Slumdog
Millionaire is going to be dubbed into Tamil and is likely to be titled
Naanum Kodiswaran (I'm also a millionaire)!

Famous voices from Kollywood will be used for the Tamil dubbing. The
film which won four Golden Globes, including Best Music Score for A.R
Rahman has whipped up mass hysteria in Tamilnadu. And the buzz that
Rahman will be the first Indian likely to get this years Oscar for his
musical score in the film has made it red hot in the trade.

The English version of the film will be having a red carpet premiere at
Sathyam Cinemas on January 22, Thursday night with some celebrities
attending. Already the advance booking in five Chennai screens is
astonishing. Please note only the English version is releasing and that
too only in Chennai in Tamilnadu!

The dubbing rights of the film have been purchased by a local film
producer for a rumoured Rs 70 lakhs (a record prize for an off-beat
film). Since there is so much hype and curiosity around the film, the
Tamil version is expected to do well in a state where only action or
special effects English films do decent business.

According to Sunil Narvekar of Chayalakshmi Creations who are
distributing the English version of the film on behalf of 20th Century
Fox in the state: " The buzz on SM is big and since Rahman is well known
and a phenomenon, there is a lot of inquiries coming from interior Tamil
Nadu. There is romance, song, dance, and drama, typical Indian elements
which will work with our audiences."

The views expressed in the article are the author's and not of Sify.com.

http://www.investec.com/EmailDisclaimer/emaildisclaimer.htm

The disclaimer also provides our corporate information and names of our
directors as required by law.

The disclaimer is deemed to form part of this message in terms of Section 11 of
the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002.
If you cannot access the disclaimer, please obtain a copy thereof from us by
sending an email to: disclai...@investec.co.za

<<slumdog140.jpg>>