But in one of the interview, AR himself said that it was Anil
kapoor's daughter who suggested his name to Danny. So which one is
true?!
..
I'd Love for Danny Boyle to have Rahman for all his upcoming movies.

1>Email<http://www.screenindia.com/static/story-email/>
> Newsletter <javascript:void(0)>Post
> Comments<http://www.screenindia.com/news/the-new-
millionaire/416087/#postcomm>
> RSS <http://www.expressindia.com/fesyndication/screen.xml>
>
>    Related Articles
> 'I'm the female Akshay
> Kumar'<http://www.screenindia.com/news/im-the-female-akshay-
kumar/393709/>'Hum'ming
> away <http://www.screenindia.com/news/humming-away/277721/>BEYOND
THE
> FRONTIERS <http://www.screenindia.com/news/beyond-the-
frontiers/269804/>DIFFERENT
> STROKES <http://www.screenindia.com/news/different-strokes/269801/>
> *Danny Boyle has 11 Bafta nominations, four Golden Globe wins and
now 10
> Oscar nominations for Slumdog Millionare. Costing seven million
pounds, the
> film has already grossed six million pounds in the UK and 40
million dollars
> in the US alone. The award-winning director tells how this
blockbuster
> almost landed up on DVD and more...*
>
> *Are you excited that Slumdog Millionaire has been nominated for
the Oscars
> as well?*
> We have been blessed by the fabulous response to the film! I am
excited by
> the Oscar nominations, but I was very anxious to know the response
here. It
> is very important for me that the Mumbai audience likes the film
because it
> has been shot here.
>
> *How did you react to Amitabh Bachchan's scathing criticism about
depicting
> the impoverished side of Mumbai in the film?*
> I have only shown what is real and tried to include the good with
the bad! I
> am proud to have painted a picture of Mumbai however imperfect it
may be.
> The sordid background was important to the film as it added to the
drama of
> the plot. The film would not have made an impact if the protagonist
was from
> an affluent background! Besides, what I wanted to portray was the
> breathtaking resilience of the people of Mumbai. Everyone has their
own
> perceptive and we have to accept it!
>
> *Have you met him?*
> I never got to meet him, but I would like to! It's important to
meet a
> person with a different opinion, only then will the interaction be
> interesting.
>
> *What made you settle for an Indian backdrop?*
> The world is changing, and it is quite clear that this is Asia's
century!
> And I loved Mumbai with all its imperfections. And the story, that
you can
> come from nowhere and still make it big, is universal. So it could
be set
> anywhere.
>
> *The film which was to have a DVD release is now running to packed
theatres
> in the US and UK? How was that journey?*
> Yes, we started off making a small film, and like it happens with
all small
> films we never knew what would happen next! And when our
distributor who was
> based in US backed out, we thought we would land up on DVD. But
thanks to
> Fox Star Studios, who put us on the big screen we made it. I bow
down to
> destiny for that! And how we got a great composer like Rahman and
an actor
> like Anil Kapoor from India is also destiny!
>
> *Your first choice for the quizmaster's role was Shah Rukh Khan but
it
> didn't work out.*
> Yes, we saw a recording of KBC and wanted him to play Prem, which
is now
> played by Anil Kapoor. I've been hugely welcomed here but Indian
actors are
> so busy doing day-and- night shifts that it is almost impossible to
meet
> them!
>
> *How was it to have A R Rahman on board?*
> It was Shekhar Kapur who put me on to Rahman. We were really lucky
that he
> agreed to do the film. His fusion numbers have carried the film
forward.
> Rahman has also become a big name in UK. When he went out during
lunch-time
> from his small studio, people would run across the dual carriageway
to shake
> hands with him! I felt so proud when he went to receive his Golden
Globe!

> *What was the most challenging thing about shooting the film here
in Mumbai?
> *
> I think it was extremely challenging to shoot with the seven-year-
olds next
> to the railway tracks! I was so scared that they would get hurt,
but action
> director Sham Kaushal handled all the scenes so well, including
their
> dangling out of trains that were in motion!
>
> *What are your expectations from the film in India?*
> One could be knocked down by a bus tomorrow and everything could
end in a
> minute. I only live in the moment and never have any expectations!
>
> *Would you like to make your next film in Mumbai as well?*
> I'd love to! All the time I was making Slumdog…. I saw so many
ingredients
> for making a modern thriller! It's a vibrant place with so much to
offer and
> perhaps the only city in the world which sleeps only between 2 am
to 4 am!

> *One thing you like about Hindi films?*
> I love the fact that they put the name of the director at a
prominent
> position in a film's credits!
> http://www.screenindia.com/news/the-new-millionaire/416087/
>
> --
> regards,
> Vithur

  • ... Vithur
    • ... ramakrisha laxmana subramanian siva gopala acharya iyer .aiyooo amma idli wada dosa sambar chatni .
      • ... Matthew Islam