One of my German friends is hooked onto "Kulicha Kuthalam". I can
hear her playing on her headphones, high volume in a loop all the
time at work. Non-stop. She has heard it so many times, that she
actually sings the lyrics!

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, "Chord" <purev...@...> wrote:

> Great idea!
>

> --- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, Prasad Varma <svspvarma@>
wrote:

> > I think Sony Music can do well rereleasing Vandemataram with a
bold
> " From The Academy Award & The Golden Globe Winning Artist"
> (hopefully) on its sleeve
> >
> > Vandematarm is a timeless classic with a pan global appeal
despite
> the strong patriotic flavor mainly because of the classy
instrumentation

> > I have a feeling ARR intended this to be his launch vehicle in
the
> West. He just had to wait 10 odd years to be #1 on the charts :-)
> >
> > PV
> >

> > ________________________________

West, I
> > have been wondering which other ARR albums or songs would be
> > appreciated by Western ears if given the right platform. Any
ideas
> > and thoughts on this? A lot of Rahman's music would sound a
bit too
> > esoteric to Western ears, but I'm thinking more of the
> > contemporary/ progressive styles might be accessable. In fact,
I think
> > D6 songs like Rehna Tu, Masakali, and Dil Gira Dafatan would
be liked
> > by many in the West if heard. Many of his progressive Tamil
> > compositions like New York Nagaram and Vellai Pookal come to
mind.

> > Would really like to know your thoughts. Thanks.

  • ... Chord
    • ... Ramesh R
    • ... Prasad Varma
      • ... Chord
        • ... jayaram81
        • ... Pradeepan R
          • ... Shah Navas
    • ... ramakrisha laxmana subramanian siva gopala acharya iyer .aiyooo amma idli wada dosa sambar chatni .