Yes, Sneghidhane is truly a masterpiece !!! For me, this is my most
fav number from A.R.Rahman. Everything was PERFECT,
singer,lyrics,music,arrangments,picturisation, etc etc. :)

and excellent interview... 1st time ARR's mom giving interview
right....?? nice :D

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, Aravind AM <aravind...@...> wrote:

> Parents will be so elated even if their kids win a prize in just a
small competition in school. How happy will Rahman's mom feel as he
has got 90 awards till now, including Golden Globes and other
international awards? To know all this, we visited Rahman's house, and
spoke with his mom Kareema Begum. She too is reticent, just like Rahman!

> "Rahman must've been 5 years old at that time. Me and my husband
visited a friend of his, a leading composer. The composer told us
playfully "You mentioned that your son plays harmonium.. let's see if
he can play what I play now"... He payed, and ARR listened to it
immediately played it, much to the surprise of everyone. The composer
was so impressed. That incident made it clear to us that, music was
the field in which Rahman would shine.
> He always used to have a small harmonium with him. He'd compose new
tunes and show it to us. Since he was playing well, we put him in
proper music training. Being supportive of him from the beginning is
my only contribution to his success".

> Kareema mentions that her favourite song is Snegithane
(Alaipayuthey). How many ever times you listen to it, you can't get
bored of it, she says!

> "It is difficult to break into film music. Rahman's plus point was
that he retained and succeeded in the first film chance that he got
because of God's grace. At first, he composed the background score for
Roja for 15 days continuously without proper sleep. I cried seeing my
son suffer so much! I wondered if I'd pushed him into the very tough
field of Film music. But all my sufferings and worries vanished as he
won the national award for his first film itself!

> Even before he'd got film music opportunites, he always used to be
busy composing some tune or the other! Right from his childhood,
Rahman had no interests other than music. He never had fun like
chatting with friends or going for movies. He always used to stay
inside the locked room and compse music! I used to ask him, why he was
straining so much. He used to reply "We should keep working hard! That
is the effort from our side. Some day, we will get rewards
(oppourtunites) for all our efforts!"

> Rahman's mom has just one worry - he is so busy with work that he
doesnt eat properly! The motherly love!!

> "My son doesnt even have time to eat properly. Even if it gets
delayed till 3 am, I wait for him, serve the food and then only go to
bed. Otherwise, I can't sleep properly! How many ever awards a son may
get - a mom feels happy only when the son eats properly!"

> Abt Oscars:
> "When Rahman was 9 years old, he played with 3 keyboards at the same
time in the show called 'wonder balloon' in Doordarshan (in DD tamil
network). After that program, everyone in our locality started talking
about him. Likewise, the whole world is talking about the Oscar buzz
for Slumdog Millionaire! But, Rahman is busy working on his next film
project, without thinking about the awards or participating in big
celebrations. This maturity is what I learnt from Rahman. I'll be
happy, if Rahman gets the Oscar, by God's grace!"

http://messenger.yahoo.com/invite/