Wow..this was so wonderfull...Enjoyed reading each and every line of it..Superb
one..Thanks a lot aravind for this awesome share..

--- On Sat, 2/7/09, Aravind AM <aravind...@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Aravind AM <aravind...@yahoo.com>
Subject: [arr] Interview of ARR's mom - latest KUMUDAM Magazine - Translation
To: "ARRFANS" <arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Saturday, February 7, 2009, 7:15 AM

Parents will be so elated even if their kids win a prize in just a small
competition in school. How happy will Rahman's mom feel as he has got 90 awards
till now, including Golden Globes and other international awards? To know all
this, we visited Rahman's house, and spoke with his mom Kareema Begum. She too
is reticent, just like Rahman!

"Rahman must've been 5 years old at that time. Me and my husband visited a
friend of his, a leading composer. The composer told us playfully "You
mentioned that your son plays harmonium.. let's see if he can play what I play
now"... He payed, and ARR listened to it immediately played it, much to the
surprise of everyone. The composer was so impressed. That incident made it
clear to us that, music was the field in which Rahman would shine.
He always used to have a small harmonium with him. He'd compose new tunes and
show it to us. Since he was playing well, we put him in proper music training.
Being supportive of him from the beginning is my only contribution to his
success".

Kareema mentions that her favourite song is Snegithane (Alaipayuthey) . How
many ever times you listen to it, you can't get bored of it, she says!

"It is difficult to break into film music. Rahman's plus point was that he
retained and succeeded in the first film chance that he got because of God's
grace. At first, he composed the background score for Roja for 15 days
continuously without proper sleep. I cried seeing my son suffer so much! I
wondered if I'd pushed him into the very tough field of Film music. But all my
sufferings and worries vanished as he won the national award for his first film
itself!

Even before he'd got film music opportunites, he always used to be busy
composing some tune or the other! Right from his childhood, Rahman had no
interests other than music. He never had fun like chatting with friends or
going for movies. He always used to stay inside the locked room and compse
music! I used to ask him, why he was straining so much. He used to reply "We
should keep working hard! That is the effort from our side. Some day, we will
get rewards (oppourtunites) for all our efforts!"

Rahman's mom has just one worry - he is so busy with work that he doesnt eat
properly! The motherly love!!

"My son doesnt even have time to eat properly. Even if it gets delayed till 3
am, I wait for him, serve the food and then only go to bed. Otherwise, I can't
sleep properly! How many ever awards a son may get - a mom feels happy only
when the son eats properly!"

Abt Oscars:
"When Rahman was 9 years old, he played with 3 keyboards at the same time in
the show called 'wonder balloon' in Doordarshan (in DD tamil network). After
that program, everyone in our locality started talking about him. Likewise, the
whole world is talking about the Oscar buzz for Slumdog Millionaire! But,
Rahman is busy working on his next film project, without thinking about the
awards or participating in big celebrations. This maturity is what I learnt
from Rahman. I'll be happy, if Rahman gets the Oscar, by God's grace!"

Aravind

http://arrahmaniac. blogspot. com

Download Rahmania show interviews at http://rahmania. 4shared.com