This is not a secret anymore, buddy. Its all over the place since
Dec.

Few of our fellow countrymen have taken pains to post this in
virtually every website which talks about SdM, including imdb and
rottentomatoes. Virtually every forum which discussed SdM also had
posts on this. Couple this with the systematic bashing of the film
and its crew including ARR from a select crowd, we can clearly see a
pattern aimed at felling SdM at the Oscars.

Guess this had to be expected, especially when the film is up
against The Reader, whose producer is notorious in the past for such
sabotage attempts.

I have a compilation of such posts and more, which I plan to post
somewhere after the Oscars are in SdM's kitty. :-)

-Vinod

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, V S Rawat <vsra...@...> wrote:

> Now we're into the serious money. For two hundred and fifty
thousand
> rupees, ladies and gentlemen, a quarter of a million rupees...
>
> The song "Darshan Do Ghanshyam" was written by which famous Indian
poet?
> Was it
> A) Surdas. B) Tulsidas.
> C) Mira Bai. D) Kabir.
>
> Remember you still have two lifelines- fifty-fifty and Phone A
Friend.

> Tempted to use one?
>
> --
>
> And the correct Answer is:
>
> E) None of these.
>
> --
>
> Yes.
>
> The film is facing yet another controversy, a genuine one this
time.

> The song was not written by any of the above four legendary poets
> suggested in the answers.
>
> It was not a historical or legendary song at all.
>
> It was just a film song. (sorry for appearing to indicate as if
film
> song are in lesser vain. No, they are not. but I hope you get the
idea).

> It was written for the Goel Cine Corporation's 1957 film "Narsi
Bhagat",