True that ARR did not have much share in this CD but this
is an attractive and interesting CD for collectors for reasons..
1. Recorded when ARR was Dilip
2. Classical Music Album
3. Along with Stalwarts Zakir Hussain and Vaidhyanathan.

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, Aakarsh <aakarsh...@...> wrote:

> I first heard this album in 1995. The album was released much earlier.
> The album had credits to musicians and keyboards was credited to
Dileep. I just had a hunch (but was not sure) that this Dileep could
be Dileep KUmar who became A.R.Rahman and people were talking about
the score of Bombay. it was just a fleeting thought and i didnt bother
about it much. Later, my hunch proved to be right.

> Coming to the album, ARR fans need not expect much Rahman-ism out of
this album. The album showcases the talents of Late Kunnakkudi
Vaidyanathan and Ustad Zakir Hussain primarily and the music
arrangement capabilities of Jeyasekhar, who arranged and conducted the
music. It is a brilliant album for sure. But to be frank, contribution
from Rahman is very minimal and limited to just 1-2 tracks(i think
maximum usage of keyboards was only in 'Evolution' track). Thats
because most of the tracks are pure classical and not fusion. The
fusion, in some Indian classical tracks, is non-electronic and
involves string orchestra playing tunes in western classical style.

> Bottomline: Buy it if you like Indian Classical Music, Instrumental
Music, Carnatic Violin-Tabla stuff. If you are strictly looking for
ARR stuff, forget it.