as much as i love MIA and her songs , he dress and dance during the grammy's
was just ludicrous ... of course she is popular for her shock value , but
being that pregnant and dressing up like that was just way too much .. (
http://www.sepiamutiny.com/sepia/archives/005625.html --- video link at ur
own risk )

hope she does not  embarrass herself and her fans during the oscar show ...

i know i know .. opinion varies , but couldn't help but reply !

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 5:59 AM, Bivin Chandra <bivinchan...@yahoo.com>wrote:

> Organisers are so desperate to have new mother MIA perform at the awards
> they have offered her the chance to sing while lying in bed – or make an
> appearance by hologram
>
> Rosie Swash
> guardian.co.uk, Tuesday 17 February 2009 12.04 GMT
> Article history
>
> Despite giving birth less than a week ago, MIA is wanted by the Oscars.
> Following her barnstorming performance at the Grammys last week, organisers
> are desperate for her to perform at this Sunday's ceremony. So desperate, in
> fact, that she could perform lying down if she wants to.
>
> According to reports today the rapper is keen to fulfill her commitment to
> perform her Oscar-nominated song from Slumdog Millionaire, Jai Ho, at the
> awards ceremony. She is said to be trying to find a way to overcome the
> physical issues of performing so soon after giving birth, including, it's
> alleged, an appearance by hologram or, failing that, one delivered from a
> bed live on stage.
>
> MIA, real name Maya Arulpragasam, went into labour just hours after
> performing at the Grammys with Jay-Z, Kanye West, Lil Wayne and T.I, where
> she marked the occasion by wearing an eye-popping transparent dress over her
> blooming belly. She blogged earlier this week that her baby boy was "the
> most amazing thing on the planet", and confirmed he was born on Wednesday 11
> February after she went into the early stages of labour on the night of her
> performance (8 February).
>
> Now Oscars producer Laurence Mark is said to have offered her a "large bed"
> to perform from at the 81st annual Academy Awards later this week, hoping
> that if being nine months pregnant won't stop her performing then neither
> will being a new mother.
>
> "She's eager to perform ... we've said things like 'we're willing to have
> her enter on a large bed,'" Mark is reported to have told the WENN network.
> "We'll make it as easy for her as we can."
>
> MIA is nominated for an award in the best original song category for her
> collaboration with AR Rahman on Jai Ho, which features on the soundtrack to
> the Danny Boyle film Slumdog Millionaire. According to a BBC interview with
> Rahman, the Indian composer said that the issue of an MIA performance at the
> Oscars is the "million-dollar question".
>
> "She wants to. In fact, she said she'll do it with a hologram. She has all
> these ideas," said Rahman. He added: "I don't know how it's going to be
> possible, though. Having a baby is such an important thing in your life –
> more important than winning an Oscar."
>
> Something tells us MIA will find a way to balance both.
>
> http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2009/feb/17/mia-oscars-performance-2009

  • ... Bivin Chandra
    • ... just an another girl
      • ... neena kochhar
    • ... ramakrisha laxmana subramanian siva gopala acharya iyer .aiyooo amma idli wada dosa sambar chatni .