The video is no longer available :-(

--- On Tue, 17/2/09, just an another girl <justananotherg...@gmail.com> wrote:

From: just an another girl <justananotherg...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [arr] MIA offered bed to perform from at Oscars 2009
To: arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, 17 February, 2009, 7:44 PM

as much as i love MIA and her songs , he dress and dance during the grammy's
was just ludicrous ... of course she is popular for her shock value , but being
that pregnant and dressing up like that was just way too much .. (
http://www.sepiamut iny.com/sepia/ archives/ 005625.html --- video link at ur
own risk )

hope she does not  embarrass herself and her fans during the oscar show ...

i know i know .. opinion varies , but couldn't help but reply !

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 5:59 AM, Bivin Chandra <bivinchandra@ yahoo.com> wrote:

Organisers are so desperate to have new mother MIA perform at the awards they
have offered her the chance to sing while lying in bed – or make an appearance
by hologram

Rosie Swash
guardian.co. uk, Tuesday 17 February 2009 12.04 GMT
Article history

Despite giving birth less than a week ago, MIA is wanted by the Oscars.
Following her barnstorming performance at the Grammys last week, organisers are
desperate for her to perform at this Sunday's ceremony. So desperate, in fact,
that she could perform lying down if she wants to.

According to reports today the rapper is keen to fulfill her commitment to
perform her Oscar-nominated song from Slumdog Millionaire, Jai Ho, at the
awards ceremony. She is said to be trying to find a way to overcome the
physical issues of performing so soon after giving birth, including, it's
alleged, an appearance by hologram or, failing that, one delivered from a bed
live on stage.

MIA, real name Maya Arulpragasam, went into labour just hours after performing
at the Grammys with Jay-Z, Kanye West, Lil Wayne and T.I, where she marked the
occasion by wearing an eye-popping transparent dress over her blooming belly.
She blogged earlier this week that her baby boy was "the most amazing thing on
the planet", and confirmed he was born on Wednesday 11 February after she went
into the early stages of labour on the night of her performance (8 February).

Now Oscars producer Laurence Mark is said to have offered her a "large bed" to
perform from at the 81st annual Academy Awards later this week, hoping that if
being nine months pregnant won't stop her performing then neither will being a
new mother.

"She's eager to perform ... we've said things like 'we're willing to have her
enter on a large bed,'" Mark is reported to have told the WENN network. "We'll
make it as easy for her as we can."

MIA is nominated for an award in the best original song category for her
collaboration with AR Rahman on Jai Ho, which features on the soundtrack to the
Danny Boyle film Slumdog Millionaire. According to a BBC interview with Rahman,
the Indian composer said that the issue of an MIA performance at the Oscars is
the "million-dollar question".

"She wants to. In fact, she said she'll do it with a hologram. She has all
these ideas," said Rahman. He added: "I don't know how it's going to be
possible, though. Having a baby is such an important thing in your life – more
important than winning an Oscar."

Something tells us MIA will find a way to balance both.

http://www.guardian .co.uk/music/ 2009/feb/ 17/mia-oscars- performance- 2009

  • ... Bivin Chandra
    • ... just an another girl
      • ... neena kochhar
    • ... ramakrisha laxmana subramanian siva gopala acharya iyer .aiyooo amma idli wada dosa sambar chatni .