you are right, the lyrics of Rehna tu don't make sense if meant for
father-son relationship either. but here Rishi was not even his
father. it was totally shocking, i never thought ROM will spoil it so
miserably. i had lot of expectations from him, especially regarding
the songs. he completely "destroyed" the song. shall i say this is the
WORST picturization (or "placement" perhaps) of an ARR song ever??

though i had already mentioned this doubt after i saw Abhishek and
Rishi on CD booklet, but that time i thought Rishi would be playing
his father.

besides Rehna tu, he spoiled all the rest too. masakali is a good
example. and why the hell to place Dil gira dafatan there???? when
Roshan did not even start to fall for Bittu?? strange how terribly ROM
got it wrong. i am feeling sooo angry.

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, V S Rawat <vsra...@...> wrote:

> On 2/22/2009 5:25 AM India Time, _Jahanzeb Farooq_ wrote:
>
> > just watched it. i must say it is not that bad. in fact i liked
it.
> > though it is not anyway near RDB but it is a pretty good movie.
> >
> > one thing which really p** me off is how badly they picturized
Rehna
> > Tu. oh man i don't believe how badly they spoiled and literally
wasted
> > the song. i kept wondering why the HELL they placed it there and
why
> > the HELL when Roshan (Abhishek) was with Ali (Rishi), it made no
sense
> > at all. to who he was singing "rehna tu hai jaisey tu"?? i always
> > thought it would be towards Sonam's character. it was completely
> > idiotic. complete waste of a gem of a song.
>
> I also was surprised at the Rehna Tu. Though I had already read in
this
> list that this song was to be on father Rishi and Son Abhishek,
which
> was not exactly how the characters were related in the film, but it
was
> parallel enough. Rishi being Abhishek's mom's silent lover 25 year
ago
> can be considered like father to him.
>
> The lyrics seems quite odd at places conveying a much greater
intimacy
> than is possible between two persons who had never met till then in
> their life. Firstly, it was not clear where Abhishek was thinking of
> changing, which might have prompted Rishi to suggest him not to
change.

> But all that, Mujhe Teri Barish Mein Bheegna Ghul Jana, Mujhe Teri
Lapat
> Mein Jalna, Raakh Ho Jana, appear strikingly odd for a father-son
> relationship. In India, whatever be the friendship and understanding
and
> belongingness between a father and a son, this relation is always a
> serious one. So, these figures of speech don't go well.
>
> All that "Tu Zakhm De agar, Zakhm pe bhi mujhko pyar aaye, dariya o
> dariya doobne de mujhe dariya mein" sound so odd. there is no
occassion
> of Abhishek hurting Rishi, while doobna in dariya is more a concept
> between lovers than between a father and son.
>
> I find this song more suitable for a friend motivating a friend.
>
> There are echo of lyrics in the song, that could be counted as an
> effect, but at around 4:40, I find some female voice also joining,
that
> was unexplainable on the Rishi - Abhishek.
>
> And whatever prasoon tried to explain in that "haath thaam chalna
ho, to
> dono ke daye hath sang kaise, ek daya hoga, ek baya hoga, tham le,
hath
> ye tham le, chalna sang tham le." that went above my head. Even
Mehboob,
> PK Mishra's such explanations sounded much more short and natural.
Even
> Javed Akhtar's such explanations are more directly related. Could
anyone
> explain plz.
>
> You spelled it absolutely right. It would have been better if the
song's
> tone was changed from between two males to from a male to a female
and
> that was Abhishek singing (may be in background) for Sonam character
in
> the film who was under a lot of pressure in the film to change. or,
a in
> female voice it could have been Sonam's idol finale song for
Abhishek