Not sure what he means by this..

He is good, but he is not the best according to me nor has he done anything
very different. Shankar Ehsaan Loy, Jatin Lalit are also good. Pritam is good
too. I don’t think he’s outstanding.

Pritam is as good as Rahman?

http://www.outlookindia.com/full.asp?fodname=20090227&fname=rahman&sid=3

 Iam very happy that Rahman has got the Oscar, that a good artiste got it.

If Rahman would have got it for Lagaan I’d have been happier.

He is good, but he is not the best according to me nor has he done anything
very different. Shankar Ehsaan Loy, Jatin Lalit are also good. Pritam is good
too. I don’t think he’s outstanding.

That he came from the south to the north is not new either Iliaraja did it
before him. I like his music but I am very blunt.

Shankar Jaikishen is Shankar Jaikishen no one can touch them.

Like that, there are others who each have their own standing. But I am happy
for him that he’s got the Oscar.