This was the best ever TV programme on ARR I have watched till date. This was
telecasted on Pongal day in 1995. The Programme was titled "A R Rahman oru
Kadhiraa illay Pudhiraa?". It was hosted by B.H. Abdul hameed.

K. Balachander, Vairamuthu, SPB etc spoke about ARR for about 45 minutes.
(Remember that this was during his early days where he has done only Roja,
Pudiya mugam, Thiruda^2, Vandichola chinrasu, Duet, Kadhalan etc). SPB also
told that in Japan they had printed T-shirts with "Chinna Chinna Aasai" as the
slogan.

ARR was wearing a Green Shirt (which was very common in all of his interviews
during those days) and it was in his Panchathan studio. For the last 15 minutes
of the interview, ARR was asked to compose something for the Sun TV viewers on
occasion of Pongal. It was the first time (and last time i think) that ARR
produced LIVE music . Couple of "Nadaswaram" and "Thavil" people were there in
his studio and ARR gave them the swarams in verbal and asked them to play, and
he recorded them as they played (This was done 2-3 times after some
corrections). He also gave notations to the Thavil person which was awesome to
watch. In the end, ARR mixed it completely and played it for the viewers which
was a TREAT to watch.

I am searching for the interview (SUN TV has the rights for it). In those days
there was no Internet or Youtube to get the interview next day. I have recorded
the same in a Audio cassette during those days. Have to search it now.

This one is a real treat for all RAHMANIACS and a must have !!

Thanks,
Sriram