I love Varaaga Nadhikari & the beautiful melody in Muthal Murai..

Its a classic album!

Cheers,
Srini

On Mar 17, 2009, at 6:36 AM, Chord wrote:

I have been really concentrating more on Rahman's Tamil works of late and have been so enjoying revisiting soundtracks I haven't heard in a while.

I need to express my feelings about this song from Sangamam, which really impresses both intellectually and emotionally. The way Shankar M has sung this song is absolutely divine. The infectious dholak rhythm with the Mast Qalandar like melody (not at all copied) makes this song my very favorite from Sangamam.

I love it when the second interlude adds this incredibly infectious ghungru rhythm, very similar in pattern to the Taal Se Taal mila, Hai Na, Chale Chalo Mitwa ghungru tracks, taken away, then back again for the final portion of the song. Just pure magic.

I truly with Shankar M would sing for ARR again.

Heard that ARR said that Mani's next would be kind of similar to the style of Sangamam (folk, semi classical), so we can really look forward to that.

Am curious to know what everyone's favorite song from Sangamam is.