Hi All Rahmaniacs,

I read this mail saying - "The security gaurd saw A R Rahman's photo in the
car, and he told your car doesn't needs to under go security check as you are
Rahman's fan"

Don't you guys think this is too much.. Its good to be ARR's fan, but keep it
at that level. Being a Rahman fan doesn't fill our belly!!

Music is for us to have a good time at our leisure, so keep it at that level.

I accept that A R Rahman is a genius when it comes to music and ask him, he
would definitely attribute that to his hardwork, intelligently making moves,
applying to right academies to appreciate his music - like Academy Awards, and
associating with best in the industry so that all of them benifit by that.

So, all that is his strategy, which we too should learn and apply in our
respective fields.

There is no reason for us to go on mentioning in every mail that I am a Die
hard Rahmaniac. Just say I like his music.

Instead of saying "You know what? Today I was very lucky, I saw HIM at the
airport"
"You know, the security guard said you are Rahman fan so you can go without
security check"
kind of things are very stupid.

I am sure that even A R Rahman would not expect these things from us fans.

If you ask him personally, he would say what stupidity his fans do.

Thats what he told in a Sugar-Coated way during Felicitation of ARR by Chennai
Music Directors Association that
"Don't abuse anyone's music, every music director has his own way of doing
things"
Same way he would also say about "the stupidity happening here"

Finally,

I TOO AM A DIE HARD FAN OF A R RAHMAN. I RESPECT HIM FOR HIS TALENT.

But guys, dont act stupidly!!

Discuss about his compositions,
        * discuss what you liked in it,
        * let the other person also remind you of other composition that you
might have forgotten,
        * try to enjoy the nuances of his music,
        * focus on lyrics,
        * musical instruments used,
        * the way he switches from one Raga to other,
        * get more technical,
        * teach other who don't know the basics of music like Ragas,
        * discuss those things,
        * share your renditions,
        * let others give their feedback
 - These kind of healthy discussions shud be there. Not saying I saw him here,
there, kind of things.

Vithur and other co-ordinators please understand my point and explain it to
other Rahmaniacs.

One final thing, by just talking about the genius of A R Rahman, nothing good
is going to happen to us.

We will just keep seing how high Rahman goes each day.. He has shaped his life
very well. He is planning for what he wants and he is achieving that. But what
about us? When will we be like that????

So just admire his talent, aspire to be someone like him, or if music is not
your cup of tea, use that inspiration to become better in you field.

Just use his acheivements as your motivation and ofcourse his music will be on
you side to support you (morally).

IF WE DO THIS, NO ONE WILL BE MORE HAPPIER THAN A R RAHMAN HIMSELF, because he
will he happy for he inspired many for their own development and progress.

And A R Rahman, if you are reading this mail - do something about this
stupidity - just let them know not to be so stupid.

Thanks,
Ranjit

http://messenger.yahoo.com/invite/
  • ... Dinesh Vaidya
    • ... Vithur
    • ... Krishna Kanth Kristam
    • ... Shah Navas
    • ... Thulasi Ram
    • ... Sreekrishnan R
      • ... Ranjit k
        • ... Anish Gupte
          • ... harshal chavan
        • ... $ Pavan Kumar $
          • ... Thulasi Ram
        • ... Vithur
          • ... Arijit Debnath
          • ... mehrun shiraz
          • ... raja sekar
          • ... Rajith Ramnivas
        • ... ramakrisha laxmana subramanian siva gopala acharya iyer .aiyooo amma idli wada dosa sambar chatni .