From: Anish Gupte <musimax2...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [arr] 'Jai Ho' did not deserve an Oscar: Jagjit Singh
To: arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, April 7, 2009, 3:20 PM

well im not a great fan of jagjit singh or anything...but thats nt the point...

in fact the 2 songs u mentioned (yeh jo des ..and maa tujhe salaam) are in fact
way better than jai ho ..lol

rahman deserved an oscar fr sure..but not for jai ho...why... i prefer 'dreams
on fire' and 'mausam and escape' to jai ho too...

anyway..lets just say that 'for me' jai ho did not deserve the oscar..but
rahman won it so what more can rahman fan ask for??

One must  not forget that music is an art..and what one person appreciates may
not be appreciated by someone else...

sometimes opinions match, and sometimes they dont....its as simple as that!!

Anish.

On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 12:29 PM, $ Pavan Kumar $ <pawancumarr@ yahoo.com> wrote:

Dude, you need to correct your senses like Jagjit singh..

If you go in that thinking..everyone will accept that jai ho didnt deserve an
oscar..for someone it would be yeh jo des hai tera, for some other it wud be
maa tuje salam, it wuould go on on and on..

The question to ask here is..How many Rahman songs till date has been nominated
for oscars? Some of you are talking as if every year a Rahman song or other
gets nominated and fail to win award..This was the first time Rahman got the
nomination.. and out of the nominated songs for this year..Jai Ho was a
deserved winner...no doubts in that...

Jagjit singh just wants to promote his albums..he is restoring to cheap
tactics..if you see..he has made these comments at the time of release of his
album...Its only when you say these kind of things, the event will get a good
publicity..Even last time when he attacked rahman, it was some sort of
event..which i am not able to recollect it...These are nothing but cheap
publicity stunts.