From: A.R.Rajib <arr_ra...@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [arr] Flavours from different regions in ARR's music
To: arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com
Date: Monday, 8 June, 2009, 7:42 AM

Let Me Contribute Something Here About The Epic Album "Netaji Suvash Chandra
Bose"

Netaji Is An Bangali legandry Leader, Therz No "Bose" In Bangla ... In Bangla
We Call Him "Netaji Suvash Chondro Bosu" ....
============ ========= ========= ========
The Track "Ekla Chalo" Is Originally Composed By Noble Winner Rabindranath
Tagore (( World Poet In Bangladesh , Only Person To Wrote National Anthem For
Two Countries That's For India & bangladesh.. ..In Bangla Therz No "Tagore"
.... it's " Thakur "...We Call Him "Robindronath Thakur" )).... But In This
Album It's Bit Edited & Extended By Dr. A.R.Rahman .... The Singer Who Sung he
Bangla Lines In This Song ( Nachiketa Chakroborty) Also Composed This Song In
His Own Style ....

"jodi Tor dak Sune Keu Na Ase .... Tobe Ekla Cholo Re..."

Means "If No one Comes Hearing Ur Call , Then U Should Go Ahead Alone"

"Ekla Chaalo" Means > Go Ahead Alone
============ ========= =========
The Track "Ghoomparani" >> Is Not Actually Composed By Dr. ARR ... It's An Age
Old Song ( If Not ancient ) , I Dont Know who Composed It At First ( May b Some
Bangali Grand-Mom ) , It's A song Grandmothers , mothers Used To Sing For
Little Childrens Before Sleeping , It's A Song About calling The "Masi-Pisi's
Of Sleep
( Ghoom = Sleep) ( Masi Is The Bangla Version Of Mousi , Sister Of Mother
....And Pisi = Sister Of father ).... My Grandmom And My Mother Also Sung the
Bangla Portion Of This Song For Me By The Same Composition U Will Hear It In
The bangla Portion :D

..... Dr. Arr Used This As The Main Theme Of This Song And Extended As An
Another Movie track ... He gave This Old Song A Brand New Life :).... :)

" Ghoomparani Masi-pisi Moder Bari Eso "

Means >>" Aunties Of Sleep Come To Our House"

============ ========= =

Durga Pooja Theme >> Bangali Hindu Peoples Main Festival Is Durga Puja ... In
This Pooja Therz Some Musician Being Hired By Every Pooja Organization To Play
Music ...We Call Them "Dhaki" .... They Use Only "Dhak" Also Known As Drum ...
But "Dhak" Is Bit Different From Drums... And Some Precussions Like "Kortal" (
I Dont Know It's English Name ...But Saw Many Times Sivamani Playing It During
Concerts ) ... U can Hear this Music In Any "Doorga Puja Mondop" ...They Use
Almost The Same Beats throughout West Bangla And In Bangladesh ... ARR Did
Almost The Same ...His Beats R Very Modern ... More Exiting .... I Dont Know
How ARR Capture This Extreme Bangali Culture Like An Bangali Being An Tamil
Person ... Kudos To Him .......

can Anoyone Give Some Details On

"Mangalayam" From Sathiya
"Chalka Re" Sathiya

"Noor-Un-Ala- Noor" From Menaxi

All Songs From "Water"

"Mayya Mayya" From Guru

Thanks :)

      Explore and discover exciting holidays and getaways with Yahoo! India
Travel http://in.travel.yahoo.com/