Mumbai, June 19 (IANS) Composers Vishal and Shekhar were pleasantly
surprised when they opened the morning newspapers to find A.R. Rahman
appreciating their work. Not just that, the Oscar winner mentioned
Michael Jackson as the only other artist whose work he liked.

“Frankly
speaking, I am speechless,” states Vishal Dadlani, who couldn’t believe
when informed about acknowledgment coming from none other than maestro
Rahman himself. “One can just bow down and say thanks when someone of
the stature of Rahman appreciates your work.”

In a story
published in a national newspaper (The Hindu) June 12, Rahman had
stated that the songs from Naushad’s “Mughal-e-Azam” were his all-time
favourite and he admired Michael Jackson and Vishal-Shekhar’s work.

“I
guess we are doing something right at the least,” said Shekhar
Ravjiani. “Mentioning only our names and that too in the same vein as
Michael Jackson is a surreal thought by itself. It’s a beautiful
feeling.”

Starting with “Pyaar Mein Kabhi Kabhi” (1999) and
making it big with “Jhankaar Beats” (2003), Vishal and Shekhar have
given memorable scores in films like “Dostana”, “Bachna Ae Haseeno”,
“Tashan”, “Om Shanti Om”, “Dus” and “Musafir” over the years.

So excited was Shekhar on reading the piece that he immediately called
up his wife. “For something as big as this, you are bound to call up
your loved one. I read out the entire piece to her and even she was
thrilled to bits. I have met Rahman at a studio earlier and he came
across as a very sweet man. Both Vishal and I love his music.”

Said
Vishal: “Everyone knows that we are Rahman’s biggest fans ever. He is
an inspiration for every single musician out there. That is why good
words coming from a person like him who had made such a huge name
worldwide is something that would be cherished forever by us. We wish
to continue delivering some good music and make him feel proud about
our work.”

Well, Rahman would certainly be watching out for the
upcoming soundtracks of Vishal and Shekhar, like Sujoy Ghosh’s
“Aladdin”, UTV Motion Pictures’ animation flick “Arjun”, Siddharth
Anand’s next for producer Sajid Nadiadwala and debut venture of
filmmaker Punit Malhotra for Dharma Productions.

http://www.sindhtoday.net/news/1/21693.htm

Rahman fever
His Music ~ My Mother Tongue

      ICC World Twenty20 England '09 exclusively on YAHOO! CRICKET
http://cricket.yahoo.com
  • ... Sreekrishnan R
    • ... Jahanzeb Farooq
      • ... Pradeepan R
      • ... ramakrisha laxmana subramanian siva gopala acharya iyer .aiyooo amma idli wada dosa sambar chatni .