Dude, V-S are one of the most versatile composers around, other than SEL and
AR. They have done damn well in the recent past, I think Dostana, BEH, Om
Shanti Om and a few songs from Bhootnath, Cash, De taali were all good. They
have found a nomination at all leading award function consistently for about 3
years now.

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, "Jahanzeb Farooq" <jahanzebti...@...>
wrote:

> ARR praised VS's work??? and put them in same league as MJ?? this is
> unbelievable. source anyone?
> no doubt VS have been doing some quality work early in their career but there
> last many albums were totally crap barring a few. i found Dostana, Cash,
> Golmaal, De taali, Bhootnath etc etc total crap. in fact i didn't even like
> Bachan ae haseeno.
>

> -
> Jahanzeb
>
> --- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, Sreekrishnan R <rahmanfever@> wrote:
> >
> > Mumbai, June 19 (IANS) Composers Vishal and Shekhar were pleasantly
> > surprised when they opened the morning newspapers to find A.R. Rahman
> > appreciating their work. Not just that, the Oscar winner mentioned
> > Michael Jackson as the only other artist whose work he liked.
> >
> > “Frankly
> > speaking, I am speechless,” states Vishal Dadlani, who couldn’t believe
> > when informed about acknowledgment coming from none other than maestro
> > Rahman himself. “One can just bow down and say thanks when someone of
> > the stature of Rahman appreciates your work.”
> >
> > In a story
> > published in a national newspaper (The Hindu) June 12, Rahman had
> > stated that the songs from Naushad’s “Mughal-e-Azam” were his all-time
> > favourite and he admired Michael Jackson and Vishal-Shekhar’s work.
> >
> > “I
> > guess we are doing something right at the least,” said Shekhar
> > Ravjiani. “Mentioning only our names and that too in the same vein as
> > Michael Jackson is a surreal thought by itself. It’s a beautiful
> > feeling.”
> >
> > Starting with “Pyaar Mein Kabhi Kabhi” (1999) and
> > making it big with “Jhankaar Beats” (2003), Vishal and Shekhar have
> > given memorable scores in films like “Dostana”, “Bachna Ae Haseeno”,
> > “Tashan”, “Om Shanti Om”, “Dus” and “Musafir” over the
> > years.
> >
> > So excited was Shekhar on reading the piece that he immediately called
> > up his wife. “For something as big as this, you are bound to call up
> > your loved one. I read out the entire piece to her and even she was
> > thrilled to bits. I have met Rahman at a studio earlier and he came
> > across as a very sweet man. Both Vishal and I love his music.”
> >
> > Said
> > Vishal: “Everyone knows that we are Rahman’s biggest fans ever. He is
> > an inspiration for every single musician out there. That is why good
> > words coming from a person like him who had made such a huge name
> > worldwide is something that would be cherished forever by us. We wish
> > to continue delivering some good music and make him feel proud about
> > our work.”
> >
> > Well, Rahman would certainly be watching out for the
> > upcoming soundtracks of Vishal and Shekhar, like Sujoy Ghosh’s
> > “Aladdin”, UTV Motion Pictures’ animation flick “Arjun”, Siddharth
> > Anand’s next for producer Sajid Nadiadwala and debut venture of
> > filmmaker Punit Malhotra for Dharma Productions.

> [...]

  • ... Sreekrishnan R
    • ... Jahanzeb Farooq
      • ... Pradeepan R
      • ... ramakrisha laxmana subramanian siva gopala acharya iyer .aiyooo amma idli wada dosa sambar chatni .