Rahman turns down Bollywood projects

Friday, August 21 2009, 09:27 BST

By Sanjay
Odedra<http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/bollywood/a172900/rahman-turns-down-bollywood-projects.html#>,
Bollywood Reporter
[image: Rahman turns down Bollywood projects]

*Slumdog
Millionaire*<http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a140466/slumdog-millionaire.html>composer
A.R. Rahman has declared that he has stopped taking on new projects
because of his busy schedule.

Rahman, who won two Oscars for his work on Danny Boyle's film, revealed that
he is currently working on four separate Bollywood films.

He told *The Times of India*: "At the moment, I'm racing against time to
complete the Indian projects I've on hand and that includes Mani Ratnam's *
Raavana*, Rajnikanth's animation film *Sultan* and Tony D'Souza's *Blue*.
The last new assignment I accepted was Abbas Tyrewala's *1:800-LOVE*. I've
stopped taking on any more for now."

Rahman recently announced that he is planning to stage an awareness
concert<http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/bollywood/a171789/ar-rahman-to-stage-peace-concert-in-oz.html>in
Australia, after a spate of racial attacks on Indian students studying
in
the country.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/bollywood/a172900/rahman-turns-down-bollywood-projects.html
--