I agree with all you who say the sound quality is mediocre . But do we have
to worry ? ?
In Rolling Stone interview Rahman told to Bhardwaj Rangan : *" At that time
**(Roja)**, that sound was just mine. Now people are sharing that sound. So
to do something is not just about a different sound anymore.** Also, during
Roja, it was just stereo. “Now we need to think about 5.1, DTS, what comes
out of this speaker, what comes out of that speaker – and still hold the
song together." *
*
*
*
http://www.desipundit.com/baradwajrangan/2008/06/07/ar-rahman-the-rolling-stone-interview/
*

That means since now everyone is sharing that sound we are feeling the sound
is mediocre . Also since all are sharing that sound , there is no need to
make extra effort on sounds because whatever happens the sound is going to
be shared by everyone .

Just my opinion .  I hope the moderator posts this .