Not necessarily...although we do see most of the popular movies making it to
the nomination lists, but more often than not, it's the dark horses that end up
sweeping the awards!

It's also the same case with bollywood or most film industries for that matter.
Not all films are nominated based on their popularity or success at the
box-office. If I'm not wrong, a number of our group members had earlier on
expressed their fears that Delhi6 music might not be nominated for the popular
awards due to the film's failure at the box-office. Yuvraaj's failure at the BO
was quoted as one of the examples.

Their fears are justifiable but there's no harm in hoping. Personally, I feel
that awards (esp music awards) are based more on the popularity of the songs
rather than the success of the film. Yuvraaj did have magical numbers but were
they as popular as all the other ARR's albums? I don't think so..and I blame it
all on the bad marketing of the album. When Subash Ghai did Taal with ARR,
there were immense marketing for the music album as it was their first
collaboration. Moreover, Taal was deemed to revive the careers of Subash Ghai,
Aishwarya Rai, and Akshaye Khanna who until then, had a string of flops behind
them. Therefore, though the movie was hardly watchable, it was still declared a
hit, all thanks to the success of the sensational songs.

But in the case of Yuvraaj, there weren't much marketing done for the film or
the songs. Yes, we rave about the beauty of the songs here because we hv heard
and fell in love with each one of those numbers, but frankly speaking, how many
non-Rahman fans have actually sat and heard these songs? Not many going by my
guesses. So, I don't think it's apt to use Yuvraaj as a yardstick in this case.

Delhi6 was different...the film didn't do well in the BO but the songs have
been garnered with praises from the public (ARR's fan and otherwise). Rehna Tu
& Maasakali were regularly played in all the major radio stations (mainly due
to the repeated request of the listeners).

If anything, kindly remember that Dilse's ill-fate at the BO in 1998 didn't
seem to affect the popularity of the songs. ARR even went on to win a filmfare
award for the the best music that year. A similar situation might occur here
too.

Therefore there's no harm in hoping that ARR might bag another award for
Delhi6. Keep your fingers crossed for Delhi6...and CR too:)