Scoring pointT. KRITHIKA REDDY
SHARE <http://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php?v=20>  ·
PRINT<http://beta.thehindu.com/arts/movies/article38347.ece?css=print>
  ·   T+ <javascript:increaseFontSize();>
[image: DOING CHENNAI PROUD: Tanvi Shah (extreme right) with big names from
the music world (from left) Ralph Peer II, Donovan and Del Bryant, BMI CEO,
at the awards function]
DOING CHENNAI PROUD: Tanvi Shah (extreme right) with big names from the
music world (from left) Ralph Peer II, Donovan and Del Bryant, BMI CEO, at
the awards function

Awards seem to be the flavour of the season for the “Slumdog Millionaire”
team. Recently, Chennai girl Tanvi Shah, who crooned her way to fame, was
invited to receive the BMI London Award for 'Jai Ho'. The genre-defying
singer, who is currently hopping between studios and shows, takes a break to
speak to MetroPlus. Excerpts:
*WHY BMI IS SPECIAL* The Broadcast Music Inc Award means a lot to me. 'Jai
Ho' has won the maximum number of awards this year and I guess, it has been
performed the most number of times.
*LONDON RECEPTION* It was an awesome experience to be there at the famous
Dorchester Hotel. I found the proceedings really different because they have
to follow a particular sequence. After the media interactions came the
funniest part, when I had to stand alone and face the camera. There were
hundreds of cameramen saying, 'Look at me, look at me' or 'Tanvi one more,
side profile' But I felt really proud when they played 'Jai Ho' as I walked
up to the stage to collect the award. The audience sang aloud and they were
from all over the world. It's true. Music brings us together, regardless of
barriers.
*POST SLUMDOG* Life's not been the same. I feel I'm living a completely new
life. I've been travelling miles and more miles and living out of suitcases.
Sometimes, it's like a fairytale. I feel blessed. There's a good amount of
work pouring in. I wish I had a magic wand or a fairy godmother who could
add a few more hours to my day! And it's just not my singing career that's
picked up; my interior and jewellery designing work has progressed as well.
*PRESSURE POINT* With rising expectations, come a lot of challenges. It
makes every day meaningful and I'm enjoying every minute! The bar has been
raised. But I don't worry. I rehearse well and keep trying to do my best.
Then, I simply leave it to the Almighty. A. R. Rahman and Augustine Paul
have encouraged me to do better every time. Particularly with voice
modulation.
*FUTURE PROJECTS* I'm not in a hurry to sign on the dotted line. You'll know
when something concrete happens. But locally, there's a lot of work,
including songs for Yuvan Shankar Raja.
*PUBLIC ATTENTION* Oh, my God! It makes me feel jittery. I feel I'm better
off behind the scenes. It makes me smile when people in different countries
come up and ask for an autograph or to take a picture with me. And I think,
'Tanvi is that you signing autographs?' I just like to take each day as it
comes - being happy and keeping life simple.

http://beta.thehindu.com/arts/movies/article38347.ece