My only submission is the rest of the movie - other than the songs - the poor
screenplay in it - makes the movie a flop and also the songs being forgotten.

ciao / Gopal

--- On Wed, 4/11/09, V S Rawat <vsra...@gmail.com> wrote:

From: V S Rawat <vsra...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [arr] Re: Watched Blue yesterday and...
To: arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com
Date: Wednesday, 4 November, 2009, 11:35 AM

                  On 11/3/2009 4:21 PM India Time, _Gopal Anandan_ wrote:

> 1. poor movie script, screenplay - screws up some good ARR songs. Like

> in Blue, Yuvvraj, Delhi 6

1.

About Delhi 6, whatever be the merits of ROM style of storytelling, but he did
give prominence to our man's songs.

- Rehna Tu was such a situation specific that it couldn't have been possible to
get it made without very close understanding and communication between the film
director and the MD.

- Arziya was shot on such a vast panoramic scale that it must have required a
lot of efforts from director to shoot this brilliant song by our man.

- Genda phool just happens sort of unannounced but it still brings a fresh air
when it happens.

- Ye Dilli hai mere yaar could only be a background song by its genre. Kala
bandar was also particularly created for the film's situation.

- maskali, of course, was more a filler song compared with the media coverage
it got before the release of the film.

- dil gira also was more like a filler, though we can't deny that director did
put a lot of efforts in shooting it.

--

2. Ghai did his best to give prominence to each and every song. Zindagi was
shot at the most appropriate juncture, though its breakup could have been

--

i think we can judge the prominence given to a song if we can remember which
song was placed where and what was there in the video and how significant it

--

So I don't agree with you that D6 and Yuvvraj songs treatment had anything
lacking from the side of the director and I wouldn't club them in the

What more do we expect a director to do for ARR songs?

--

Rawat

      Try the new Yahoo! India Homepage. Click here. http://in.yahoo.com/trynew