wow..felt so nice reading..thanks so much gops !

--- On Mon, 2/1/10, Gopal Srinivasan <catchg...@gmail.com> wrote:

From: Gopal Srinivasan <catchg...@gmail.com>
Subject: [arr] Celebrity tweets on AR's grammy win
To: "arrahmanfans" <arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Monday, February 1, 2010, 5:09 AM

It's insane: Rahman after Grammy win
NDTVMovies.comMonday, February 01, 2010 (New Delhi)

Print | A+   A-

List of winners: 52nd Grammy awards

Special: 52nd Grammy awards
Pics: Grammy winners 2010

Pics: Red carpet @ Grammy
Pics: Rahman's Grammy moment

Special: Beyonce, Pink rock the stage at Grammys

Pics: Tribute to MJ at Grammys
Pics: Best dressed at the Grammys!

'Insane' is how AR Rahman has described his twin Grammy win on his Twitter
page. Rahman won best compilation soundtrack for a motion picture at the 52nd
Grammy Awards and 'Jai Ho' won best motion picture song. Rahman shares the
Grammy with lyricist Gulzar who penned 'Jai Ho' for the film Slumdog
Millionaire.

Admitting that he had 'never even dreamt about winning all these awards..',
Rahman has thanked his well wishers for inspiring him to greater success. "And
all my well wishers from the world who keep me going... Jaiho India...!"

Besides his spiritual Sufi teacher Ameen Peerullah Malik Sahib,
the music maestro has also expressed his gratitude to Slumdog
Millionaire director Danny Boyle, the film's creative team and cast. Others who
find mention in his tweets include sound engineer Resul Pookutty (he won the
Academy Award for Best Sound Mixing for the film Slumdog Millionaire), lyricist
Gulzar and 'Jai Ho' singer Sukvinder Singh.

According to Rahman, he owes his success to a number of people, among them some
noted personalities from Bollywood and Hollywood. "My mentors Maniratnam,
Shekhar Kapur and Subhash Ghai, and mentor in the west, Andrew Lloyd
WebberFolks at id-PR, Allison and Courtney," he tweets.

Rahman has not forgotten his family in the excitement of the moment. "y
extraordinary musicians from Chennai and Mumbai, My mother, My father, my
Sisters and my lovely wife and children," he writes on his Twitter page.

Meanwhile Twitter is abuzz with Rahman's latest triumph. "Jai Ho" Rahman for
the Grammy!! One more feather in your cap :)" tweets 'ananthnaag'. According to
'deeptinischal' Rahman "rocks". And 'Shankarnb @arrahman' tweets that Rahman's
win symbolises "the success of aspirations of every Indian".

Celebrities are also using the micro-blogging site to congratulate Rahman.

"And to A.R. Rahman...CONGRATULA TIONS!!love the track from couples retreat..."
(Deepika Padukone, actor)

"AR rahman goes beyond Slumdog and takes over hollywood ! Two grammies. I will
send the best tweet to him personally." (Shekhar Kapur, filmmaker)

"CONGRATS A.R.!!! CONGRATS INDIA!!! Jai hoooooooooooo! !!! Ssso proud:-)
@rojajimmy @arrahman JAI HO SIR. Awesome. 2 Grammys." (Mallika Sherawat, actor)

"@arrahman Congratulations! ! That's a fantastic achievement! We wish u many
more!! God bless!" (Lara Dutta, actor)

"What great news to wake up to this morning. Double grammy:) this is just the
beginning sir. So proud of u. hearty congratulations @arrahman." (Shreya
Ghoshal, singer)

"2 Grammys. RAHMAN, congratulations! God is great, and India is truly proud."
(Vishal Dadlani, Music composer)

"What fabulous news this morn tweeps! Rahman wins 2 Grammys!!Yaay! Jai ho! Have
a super day!Can't believe Jan 2010 over. The year is flyin by!" (Sophie
Chaudhary, actor)

"Wake up to hear Man U trash Arsenal and Rahman win a grammy.. Prefect start to
a very busy week ahead." (Mahesh Bhupathi, tennis player)

"@arrahman congrats.. You make us extremely proud time and time again.."
(Mahesh Bhupathi, tennis player)

"bravo rahman!!! two Grammy's!! Jai Ho!!" (Kajol Devgan, actor)

"@arrahman congrats dear once again u made india proud..." (Madhur Bhandarkar,
filmmaker)

"Morning world.And Congrats a r rahman for winning 2 grammies. Jai ho rahman."
(Eesha Koppikhar, actor)

Interestingly, the euphoria doesn't stop Shekhar Kapur from touching upon the
debate that has surrounded Slumdog Millionaire, the film that has brought such
accolade for Rahman's musical genius.

"Was slumdogmillionaire an indian film. And if not, why not?" he tweets.

Jai Ho has won Rahman a number of prestigious international awards including
two Oscars, the British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA), Critics
Choice Award and the Golden Globe.

http://movies. ndtv.com/ movie_story. aspx?Section=
Movies&ID=ENTEN20100128601&subcatg=MOVIESINDIA&keyword=bollywood