Hi,

First of all we should think about the movie theme and then only we can expect
the songs for the film. Even though its not od Epic or Historic film, its base
line is something related to the epic Ramayan and that too the title itself
says its about the demon king Ravans side of story.

A.R.Rahman gives the music Only for the film, and the film is not being made
for his music. In that view you cant expect the music of ravan and sita playing
around trees kind of songs.I really enjoys the songs with Ravans mind and the
more earthy songs with tribal touch.

If you want peppy songs or hip hop songs try to listen the films with that
genre.

This is my personnal openion about this film and its songs.