Rahman is putting his heart and soul in every album.  You just may not be
liking the type of music he is giving for the specific films of late.
Remember, Rahman is not churning out private albums one by one....it's music
for the films and the music has to fit the theme and plot of the film.  ARR is
not disinterested in any project....every project he takes seriously and tries
to do his best given certain constraints.  Give the man the benefit of the
doubt.  He will continue to provide amazing albums in Hindi, no doubt, so if
you don't like this or that album, just be patient....hopefully a film will
come along that will require the type of music that you like.