ARR had said that Mani gave him "minimal" guidelines for developing
any song, just a rough situation, and leaving remaining to ARR to come
up with the song. So, I think Mani is not interfering in the song
creating process, that might be a connotation of being the boss.

Still, he has to fit song in the film and if he got 3 songs developed
that he couldn't fit in the movie now, that is just poor utilization
of his skills and resources that he has got a genie called ARR who
will create great music for him, so he misuses ARR talents and makes
him develop songs that has no place in the film.

He didn't put thayya thayya in dil de. that was the smallest song of
the album, just one stanza, how long was it? 3 min? 4 min? and how can
he couldn't find a 5 min slot for such a great song in his film? He
could have shown at least the location where he wanted to put this
song, the way Bose had just first two lines of that female lori.

I think Mani doesn't take ARR's music seriously if he wastes 3 songs
of ARR.

--
Rawat

>>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/arrahmanfans/4604964831/