On 6/19/2010 6:46 PM India Time, _Gomzy™_ wrote:

> i never thought this day would come that rawat and my thoughts would
> coincide. The movie is a pure mess.

:-)

thanks.

I waited for one full day after seeing the movie before managing to
write it. I thought certain things will become clear to me or the
disappointment will subside.

But the main feeling that remained is the let down of ARR by none
other than Mani, who had launched him to begin with, and there is no
exception that he, along with Shankar, had treated ARR's all scores
for his all previous films well.

But, in this film, there is hardly any imaginativeness in
picturisation of songs, that was so evident in Mani's previous films.

I would like to understand why it could have happened. Is Mani's
creativeness on decline? or what?

Though, the film removed one of my permanent grudge against Mani,
that, he develops the film well but messes up at the end, not knowing
how to end it will a certainty, because here he did show a
non-confusing end.

And, I had previously written in this forum that if Mani eulogizes
Beera it would have a repurcussion in view of recent senseless
killings by Naxalite, and Mani won on this count also that he didn't
justified naxalite activities.

So, I am not anti Mani. I had always liked his treatment of ARR
scores, build up of his film. Let us see if anyone would like to give
the reason what could have gone wrong with Raavan.

The sad point is, I don't see this movie getting a hit, so ARR ends up
with another flop in spite of all his great efforts.

--
Rawat