Since I started the topic, I guess I'll try to clarify some things. And sorry
if I offended anyone with my initial mail, once again I apologize. And thanks
for such beautiful replies. :) I expected and really missed some lines of
criticisms. ;)

Ok, I told that it was solely my personal opinion in that mail. So, I don't
even expect if no one agrees with me here too. What I was going to say is about
my music palette. Ok. I can't understand the nuances of any music. I can't
identify any raga of any musical piece. But, I listen to them so carefully
because I don't want to miss even a single faint sound any artist or recording
artist adds in the track.

I hear pure classical music (Carnatic, Hindustani, Western Classical etc). I
was totally in love with the songs in my mother tongue Malayalam (not so as of
now!). In semi-classical music, I am not ashamed that I take pride in saying
that I have heard most of the best ones in Malayalam, and some in Tamil and
Telugu. I hear Tamil film songs by Harris, Yuvan and many other composers,
especially who are from KM school.:) Telugu, I know and hear some catchy
numbers. Have tried all Mickey J Meyer tracks. But couldn't continue following
them religiously. Kannada was foreign to me till I reached Bangalore(Raghu
Dixit, Mano Murthy, Guru Kiran etc are superstars!).  Bollywood mass music also
I hear for 2-3 times and know that it's in templates and leave them out of my
hearing list, but some still are very good..like Amit Trivedi, V-S, SEL, Pritam
(his original melodies are good sometimes!) etc are also some tracks I hear.
Then if I stumble upon Punjabi, Rajasthani, Manipuri etc I hear them too. Then
because of the high prevalence of English music channels and many original fans
(and also the so-called-fans!) of the same around me, I hear English tracks
ranging from Rock to Pop to Country to Blues to Jazz to Reggae to Rap to
whatever; it doesn't matter to me. Another dimension is the film Soundtracks or
the OSTs. If I hear any piece, I get it from IMDB or else, I get them from net
by searching in the net. If I understand that it's not English and if there is
no info on soundtracks (now many sites maintain though! still some obscure
movies are hard to find!), I hear it may be 10-20 times and get a word or a
phrase and search them in the net and finally I'll get them. There are lot of
tidbits info too I get with them, which makes me realize that World music and
movies are far more enriching and brilliant than the normal English stuff. Ok,
again that's my opinion. Latin American Music also is another area of
exploration. Then I hear completely Electronica, Techno, Trance etc....

So,
1. This is all what I hear in MUSIC. :)
2. I understand only Malayalam, Tamil (not so completely!), Hindi and English.
:)
3. And which track I like and not like, no one will know. It remains to myself.
:)

So, in simple words, I hear some intelligent fusion of the different genres and
elements mentioned in what's mentioned above, coming together when ARR does
many tracks. I can trace them from the beginning of his film music career (but
dont' ask me, it's a sub-conscious process!!).

So, personally when I see him collaborate with many other artists, I
wholeheartedly wait for the product and mainly I want to see what are they
adding to ARR's music. And when I hear them as I said above, if I like them or
not, that info will stay with me and me only. :)

If I sounded like boasting about myself (even I feel so now after reading it
once!), I can only request you all to consider this a clarification. And I am
still exploring all these interesting genres and ranges of music.. :)

Sorry for this long mail (Initial mail was better I guess!!)....take care you
all. Enjoy Endhiran... :)

- Ellaappugazhum Iraivanukke