OK. I've been trying to stay away from this discussion but I'll jump in this
one
time.

It might help if you punt the idea of Endhiran being a sci-fi movie, expecting
it to have the music similar to how sci-fi films are scored these days. Instead
think of it as a Rajni movie with some elements of science fiction. Now if
you're going to question the appropriateness of the dated electronics versus
today's amalgam of orchestra and electronics, then you should also be asking
what are songs doing in a sci-fi movie in the first place.

I don't like the synths and overuse of auto-tunes in Endhiran. It just happens
to be ARR's choice for depicting the machine elements in a Rajni movie. And
it's
not like the music is without merit. It's an eclectic mix of styles that
appeals
to some and not to others. I'm not the target audience but that's just fine.

While it's encouraging that you're writing more without abusing capital
letters,
it would lend more seriousness to your arguments if you qualified them without
platitudes and fanboy gushings. When I read things like "... which would even
leave the jazz legends awestruck", "it would have re-written the history of
Bond
songs", "Rahmantic way"... it's hard to take you seriously.

Isn't it odd that you want ARR to avoid the "textbook method" of music, and yet
you want his music to fit accepted norms of today's sci-fi scores? Previously,
you expected the music to have "synth-orchestral elements in the
arrangements...
with Michael Columbierish percussions". Michel Colombier is known for his
70s/80s sound. Wouldn't you say that you got your 80s music with synths and
orchestra?