That is why I wrote this post, I couldn't digest some of the loose "critical"
analysis of Rahman's hard work on this group and thought the "HARD WORK" behind
ARR's efforts needs to be highlighted.

It is extremely easy to make "pseudo-intellectual" remarks as to how ARR should
have or shouldn't have handled a particular song or album. But if the critic
himself is an artist or a performer or understands what goes into such creative
efforts, he will think again before making such baseless and loose comments.

It just takes few statements and fewer minutes to write such a review
critisizing ARR's work...... but prior to that it takes almost an year for ARR
to work on that creation. We should remember that and respect that.....

Artists, performers, composers don't have any benchmark as to what will click
and what will not unlike other professions. They are totally at sea as there is
no fixed formula to figure out if their creation will go down well or not.

>From that angle, having seen ARR's career right from day 1 ( that is Roja
>ofcourse ) I am amazed at his ability to go against tide, ability to take
>risks and his belief in his own strong points.

Rahman will be credited with the unique distinction of changing the SOUND OF
INDIAN FILM MUSIC. Till he arrived, in "most" of the cases ( barring some
exceptions ofcourse ) film songs were used as a prop to fill up gaps in the
film or as a point where the audience could go out of theater and take fresh
air. Rahman made us fill up the theatre to soak in the beautiful melodies.
Rahman's songs enjoy the distinction as a LEAD HERO in any movie. For me, I
watch all movies in which ARR has scored because I want to experience the
magical sound of ARR.

That is what clicks for Rahman and because of him LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL !

Jai HO !

Dinesh Vaidya
The Wandering Souls "Rahmania"
Pune