no. it was clearly inspired. it is not just the genre. Because there are not
many tracks that sound like Memphis Stomp.

I was also startled when I saw the movie The Firm. it was used quiet
prominently in the movie.

But the rest of the song is original.  AR Rahman, like any other musician
has his inspirations and I am sure he too had used some bits and pieces from
others' tracks. It is very common and there is nothing wrong with it.

--
http://roshanravi.com