Great post, Roshan.  You nailed it.  Whether you like Rahman's songs from the
past better than today is merely subjective, but as you said, also influenced
by nostalgia and memory.  Nostalgia and memory are big confounding variables
when judging music from the past and comparing it to today's music.

Great post.  Enjoy reading your posts a lot.